Does anyone have an extra couple of tickets to this weekend's Loppet?

Full Speed Ahead

Reaction score
If you do, and you're willing to send them my direction, please let me know. Thank :)

World Cup Nordic skiing. The tickets were given away for free, so they sold out in about five minutes and I missed the deal.

World Cup Nordic skiing. The tickets were given away for free, so they sold out in about five minutes and I missed the deal.
Tip. I go for walks/hikes on the golf course during the winter. The golf course butts up against the Loppet course. I have stopped and watched a few events over the last few years, but never a World Cup event, so that might be harder to do. I might try again tomorrow.

Tip. I go for walks/hikes on the golf course during the winter. The golf course butts up against the Loppet course. I have stopped and watched a few events over the last few years, but never a World Cup event, so that might be harder to do. I might try again tomorrow.
I think this is the first time in about 20 years that the World Cup has come to the U.S., and the first time it's ever been to Minnesota. They'll be huge crowds tomorrow...

Just FYI, the U.S. dominates in women's skiing, Mikaela Shiffrin in alpine and Jessie Diggins in Nordic. Jessie is from Minnesota, and was key in getting the World Cup to come here. Here's her finish in the 2018 Olympics where the US women won their first Olympic medal ever, a two-person relay with each one taking two laps around the course. On the call, the "here comes Diggins" voice, is Chad Semmala (sp?) from Duluth. This is probably the most-watched video clip in U.S. Nordic history, kind of nice to have two Minnesotans playing a key role.

I missed a great opportunity to watch this live. Did see the NBC rerun (partial) on Sunday afternoon. Diggins gave X Country skiing a huge shot in the arm.

I missed a great opportunity to watch this live. Did see the NBC rerun (partial) on Sunday afternoon. Diggins gave X Country skiing a huge shot in the arm.
Well, unless you were willing to drop $500 for VIP tickets, you probably did not miss it. Nordic fans from probably all over the world snapped up the tickets long ago.

Yep, that you did. In addition to Diggins, Gus winning the men's 10K race was a huge upset and great to see. Plus, he autographed my cow bell...

1708706001060.png

Top Bottom