Does anybody know if...

Reaction score
Sampson and Iverson put on the muscle in the off-season like we all hoped they would? I love their potential, but got they looked a little overmatched against the big boys, e.g., Texas. Beyond finding a go-to-guy, Sampson and Iverson's development will be key in how far this team can go.

According to Star Tribune beat-writer Myron Medcalf:

"Ralph Sampson III and Colton Iverson have certainly bulked up. Sampson said Dexter Pittman's dominance against him in last season's NCAA tournament loss against Texas inspired him to focus on building up his legs over the summer."

Sampson and Iverson put on the muscle in the off-season like we all hoped they would? I love their potential, but got they looked a little overmatched against the big boys, e.g., Texas. Beyond finding a go-to-guy, Sampson and Iverson's development will be key in how far this team can go.

The Gophers roster on www.gophersports.com lists both with higher weights than last year.

Presumably at least some of that extra weight is muscle.

At Tubby's Tip Off...

it was clear both had put on some muscle. Colt more so than RSIII, but both had bulked up. Did they put on enough muscle? Only the season will tell.

But it was also clear that Mbawke and White will add some hard-nosed muscle to the Gopher's inside game no matter what Iverson and Sampson were able to accomplish in the weight room.

I thought Iverson looked more ready to be physical than Sampson but it was just a scrimmage. What I noted about Sampson is that he looked more comfortable going to transition and seemed to find his spot without being as tentative as I thought he looked last year.

I know some thought he might declare for the NBA early ... I still don't see it yet. But I think he could make some great contributions here as he matures.

I hope they are big enough to push around Mike Tisdale

Top Bottom