Does anybody know how beer sales went?

LBJ

Reaction score
I figured since we are all just twiddling our thumbs waiting for snow plows and the bowl announcements, I'd ask about beer sales. I heard nothing about it through the season.

Did they manage to find a way to make money selling Miller Lite for $7.25?

Heard our "Blue Ribbon Beer Committee" was able to negotiate an $8,000 loss on beer sales. This was half the loss of last year so the committee was very pleased with the outcome. In fact, they also approved a 6% pay raise for all committee members.

Heard our "Blue Ribbon Beer Committee" was able to negotiate an $8,000 loss on beer sales. This was half the loss of last year so the committee was very pleased with the outcome. In fact, they also approved a 6% pay raise for all committee members.

Hope to God that is sarcasm. If you can't figure out how to profit by selling a beer at sporting events, you have some major problems. Every major pro sports team doesn't do it because it loses money.

Hope to God that is sarcasm. If you can't figure out how to profit by selling a beer at sporting events, you have some major problems. Every major pro sports team doesn't do it because it loses money.

You might want to look up last years profit numbers...

You might want to look up last years profit numbers...
It lost money last year because they included all the startup costs to set the whole damn thing up. As said, if you can't make money selling Miller Lite for $7+ then the guy running it is a moron and his boss is a moron...

It lost money last year because they included all the startup costs to set the whole damn thing up. As said, if you can't make money selling Miller Lite for $7+ then the guy running it is a moron and his boss is a moron...

+1 on the startup costs, if they are still recording a loss without those being counted this year, we have a major problem.

As said, if you can't make money selling Miller Lite for $7+ then the guy running it is a moron and his boss is a moron...

Most likely a smart moron who's wintering in a chateau on the French Riviera.

I only opened this thread to see how many posts it took to have a reference to hosting Wisconsin and their drunk fans this year and the impact that would have on alcohol sales. Interesting nobody played that card until I visited just now.

I only opened this thread to see how many posts it took to have a reference to hosting Wisconsin and their drunk fans this year and the impact that would have on alcohol sales. Interesting nobody played that card until I visited just now.

Ha, first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was by post #3 someone will have made a comment.

I'm 66 years old and got carded. The girl selling beer actually studied my ID.
What could she possibly been looking for? This nonsense slows down the sales. I'm sure
many turn away at the sight of long lines.

A license to sell Miller Lite for $7.25 a cup to a captive audience is a license to print money.

What could she possibly been looking for? This nonsense slows down the sales. I'm sure

I don't think anyone at a sporting event is turning around when they want a beer. It's pretty standard practice at all sporting events that everyone gets carded. The lines for beer are always long, and the sales still look great.

I didn't know they sold Blue Ribbon.

For a couple of reasons, I rarely buy beer at TCF. 1) Its a bit pricey... Dah 2) Long lines... 3) Generally leads to bathroom issues... 4) Where I encounter another long line... 5) I come to the games to watch football and generally when I'm in one of lines I miss a good play... So, I drink a beer or 2 in the parking lot, use the portajohns, and enjoy the game...

Maybe to see if you have a B card? Some places won't serve (or let you enter) if you have one. But that's just an educated guess.

For a couple of reasons, I rarely buy beer at TCF. 1) Its a bit pricey... Dah 2) Long lines... 3) Generally leads to bathroom issues... 4) Where I encounter another long line... 5) I come to the games to watch football and generally when I'm in one of lines I miss a good play... So, I drink a beer or 2 in the parking lot, use the portajohns, and enjoy the game...

row19, you are too perfect for this thread. :)

Maybe to see if you have a B card? Some places won't serve (or let you enter) if you have one. But that's just an educated guess.

Yep. Happened a couple of times and heard it a couple of times too elsewhere. Person asking told us why each time and seemed pretty nervous/sorry for asking.

I figured since we are all just twiddling our thumbs waiting for snow plows and the bowl announcements, I'd ask about beer sales. I heard nothing about it through the season.

Did they manage to find a way to make money selling Miller Lite for $7.25?

Beer sales were good for me. I splurged an extra .25 for Summit. If they lost money again or did not make a healthy profit, I will introduce the 9 year old neighbor who makes $50.00 for three hours in the summer selling lemonade on the driveway for .25. Not kidding.

Yep. Happened a couple of times and heard it a couple of times too elsewhere. Person asking told us why each time and seemed pretty nervous/sorry for asking.

This guy I know was denied a couple of Grain Belts last year after the beer seller lady flipped over his license. However, I was allowed to pick up the tab and walk off with said Brain Melts.

I hope you tipped her well.:cool02:

I had no desire to walk way the hell down to the beer tents to get a $7.00 beer.

Thanks for sharing

Top Bottom