Do you think Minnesota is going to beat Nebraska?

Who do you think will win the gophers upcoming game against Nebraska?

• Minnesota

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 73 71.6%

• Total voters
100 point games used to be common, but they have become pretty rare. There was one in 2003 between Rockford College and Trinity Bible College. Before that, there was a 100 point game in 1980, and before that, you have to go back to 1969. There have been many times that a team could have scored 100 points - there have been games where the Gophers could have scored 100 points - if they wanted to, but coaches avoid this.

The football world generally disagrees that scoring 100 points is the way it should be. It's not pity. It's like a boxer who is down on the mat, and his opponent keeps punching until he resembles spam salad.

Yes, the Gophers will beat Nebraska. Just not this year. Hopefully, sometime this decade...

I had kind of been thinking that IF it gets to be out of hand that Bielema may take the foot off the gas to further demonstrate how little he liked Brewster.

I may not know much (that's what my wife tells me) but I do know this much; Wisconson will get every point there is to be gotten. If that means they score 150....so be it. You know what? It should be no other way. Pity from your opponent is far worse than getting the feces kicked out of you.

Nebraska? It'll be closer than most of you think (17 points or less). The gophers are young and inexperienced with little depth. I believe the rest will do them good.

justthefacts said:
I had kind of been thinking that IF it gets to be out of hand that Bielema may take the foot off the gas to further demonstrate how little he liked Brewster.

You're probably right.

Getting back to Saturday, does anyone know how Kill's teams have historically performed against option offenses? I'm curious as to how well they have been able to prepare their defenses for it.

You're probably right.

Getting back to Saturday, does anyone know how Kill's teams have historically performed against option offenses? I'm curious as to how well they have been able to prepare their defenses for it.

I don't know if we can look at any previous Kill teams and try to project this current squad. They're just built differently, as we've seen. He's already said they can't do the same things they were doing before, so the way he would have defended the option previously might not apply now.

No way. Bret considers Minnesota his back yard for recruiting. If he can embarass the gophers he benefits.

Do we all want them to win yes, will they no.

The chance that the Gophers can beat Nebraska is about the same odds we all have of winning the powerball.
Would you buy a ticket that say the Gophers can win even with huge odds of a payoff?
How many people will actually take the Gophers or even the chance to cover the 30+ point spread, very few.

If Nebraska players develop a mass case of the Norwalk virus then the Gophers have hope. I'm not sure this group could beat Nebraska's third string.

I'll take the Gophers at (+25), although I would prefer 28.5 or more.

>> Gophers are at home, and it's Homecoming to boot
>> Gophers had two weeks to get healthy and get some good practice in. Yes, yes, yes, I know the Huskers had two weeks as well but I would argue it was more beneficial to have these two weeks, at THIS time, for a new staff implementing new schemes.

The staff should now be getting a better feel for who CAN play and who WANTS to play. I expect as the coming weeks go by, we'll see less and less of 20-25+ players playing regularly on defense and a little more cohesion on the O-line.

Then again, I've always been the type to be overly optimistic.

Top Bottom