Do you think Minnesota is going to beat Nebraska?

Who do you think will win the gophers upcoming game against Nebraska?

• Minnesota

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 73 71.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
You know I'm not putting this up here because I think we are going to beat them or to joke around I'm just curious on your thoughts about it. See if there is anybody wondering if they can upset them. If you voted yes then please reply why you think we can. You can also just leave a reply on what you think about the upcoming game.

If ever there was a day where we could lose by 100. This is it, and against Wisconsin too.

not blooming likely. I'm just hoping the week off gives them back some of the legs, energy and competitiveness they had against USC.

I look forward to losing to Nebraska by 25 and Wisconsin by 35 and everyone being thrilled about it. Oy.

I want to know who were the 4 morons that voted for the Gophs.. lol

In all seriousness.. No way I think the Gophs will win. I just hope we are competitive and don't pull a Michigan/Purdue.

Lol, I think "big red" is gonna enjoy this exhibition...er um I mean game. Hopefully Kill can have a miracle bye week and get these kids ready to play. After what we have witnessed this season it is hard to be optimistic about any games the rest of the year.

I wonder if Becky will be favored by 50? I see they're 39 point favorites over Indiana.
I could see it specially if we keep on this trend we are on of getting worse every week. Couple that with Bielema's tactic of running the score up, its definitively a possibility.

This TrueGopherFballFan#1 character has to be a bit or some 3rd grader using his parents computer.....

This game reminds me of 2007 game between Appalachian State vs. Michigan. Big time program against a hungry opponent.

Yup, I voted for Minnesota.

Go Gophers!

Michigan could have hung at least 70-80 on the Gophers if Hoke wanted to.

I can only imagine what the Badgers will produce if they bring their "A" game. If the Badgers are still in the national championship hunt at the time they play the Gophers, BB will wanna' be as impressive as possible to the pollsters. Making up ground on (possibly) undefeated Alabama/LSU winner, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & Stanford will be important. Without (m)any Badger turnovers, certainly a quarter-century could be in the equation.

Just wondering what "substance(s)" the original poster and the people who voted for a MN win have ingested.

MarQueis Gray produces an "eff it" performance, where he just throws all caution to the wind and chucks it deep to McKnight for 2 scores, plus he runs for 130 yards and another 2 scores, Gophers win 31-28......

It's possible, right? Right?

Michigan could have hung at least 70-80 on the Gophers if Hoke wanted to.

I can only imagine what the Badgers will produce if they bring their "A" game. If the Badgers are still in the national championship hunt at the time they play the Gophers, BB will wanna' be as impressive as possible to the pollsters. Making up ground on (possibly) undefeated Alabama/LSU winner, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & Stanford will be important. Without (m)any Badger turnovers, certainly a quarter-century could be in the equation.

I said the same thing two weeks ago. The Badgers will be playing to impress pollsters. A coach that enjoys rubbing it in against one of their rivals + a valid reason to do it = an epic beatdown. I truly fear an 85-7 game.

MarQueis Gray produces an "eff it" performance, where he just throws all caution to the wind and chucks it deep to McKnight for 2 scores, plus he runs for 130 yards and another 2 scores, Gophers win 31-28......

This would be awesome!

I think we found out what can happen when MarQ decides to "eff it", like he did vs. NDSU. The pass at the end of the half was an "eff it" pass that went for 6 the other way! That said, he's still the Gophers most electric player. He needs to be on the field somewhere.

Maybe you should stop over and lay down on my couch so we can talk.:)

I think we found out what can happen when MarQ decides to "eff it", like he did vs. NDSU. The pass at the end of the half was an "eff it" pass that went for 6 the other way! That said, he's still the Gophers most electric player. He needs to be on the field somewhere.

I LOL'd. To be fair, who would have thought that would have ended up as 6 the other way.

Maybe you should stop over and lay down on my couch so we can talk.:)

This is what keeps me engaged as a Gopher fan. Gotta always hope for the best, even in the face of obvious reality lol

25% ???

25% of you actually think we will beat Nebraska? Wow. As much of a Gopher fan as I am, sometimes I just have to face the reality and admit that we are not good. We will be lucky to avoid another 84-13 1983 repeat.

Yup...I heard from a player that Kill sent in a "take the knee" formation, and Q decided to say "F it" and drew up a sandlot play. All blame clearly lies on his shoulders for every missed tackle on the sequence that followed that ill fated decision as well.

Yup...I heard from a player that Kill sent in a "take the knee" formation, and Q decided to say "F it" and drew up a sandlot play. All blame clearly lies on his shoulders for every missed tackle on the sequence that followed that ill fated decision as well.
LOL. So Kill's own players don't respect and don't listen to him?

GREAT!@!!!!

Well, let's put things into perspective. The 1983 Cornhuskers were a juggernaut. They scored 50+ points 7 times that season. They scored 60+ points 5 times. They scored 70+ twice, and of course, 80+ points once. They averaged 54.5 points per game. The 84 points they layed on the Gophers, while being a terrible loss, wasn't freakishly high compared to what they scored over other opponents: 63 against Syracuse, 69 against Colorado, 72 against Iowa State and 67 against Kansas.

On the other hand, the Gophers in 1983 gave up 50+ points 6 times, and 60+ points 3 times. At this point in 1983, six games in, the Gophers had already given up 50+ points 3 times. So, I think the Gophers are going to be beaten soundly in this game, but I don't think it will be anywhere near as bad as the 1983 loss to Nebraska. Might be cold comfort, I suppose.

I may not know much (that's what my wife tells me) but I do know this much; Wisconson will get every point there is to be gotten. If that means they score 150....so be it. You know what? It should be no other way. Pity from your opponent is far worse than getting the feces kicked out of you.

Nebraska? It'll be closer than most of you think (17 points or less). The gophers are young and inexperienced with little depth. I believe the rest will do them good.

Top Bottom