Do you guys cheer for all the B10 teams in the NCAA's

I'll be rooting for the Gophers, Badgers, and Buckeyes (although that will be slightly painful). I cannot root for MSU.

My NCAA Tournament Cheering Rules:

1) I only truly want one team to do well - The Gophers
2) I can never cheer for Wisconsin or Iowa
3) Root for the upset win in every possible matchup
4) Never root for the Big Ten just because of "National Respect." I couldn't care less what Jay Bilas or Digger Phelps thinks is the best conference. If you let those people's thoughts run your lives, then by all means, play the "National Respect" card. I think it is a weak-minded approach.

If a Big Ten Team not named Wisconsin or Iowa falls into category 3), yes I will root for it.

I have the same cheering rules except I will not cheer for Ohio State even if they fall into category 3, They are already cocky SOB's because of football. I like to see them fall.

I always pull for all the other Big 10 teams unless they're playing my team.

I always pull for EVERY Big 10 team in nonconference games, bowls, tournaments, etc. I see no point in getting wrapped up in all that Wisconsin/Iowa 'hate'. As rivals, I do take a little extra satisfaction when the Gophers beat them, but that is about the extent of it. From my viewpoint, I see the Big 10 as a family and I always want it to be thought of in the best way. That of course starts when teams from the Big 10 play and win games out of conference. I really don't care if other B10 fans don't return the warm vibes, and any time these topics about cheering other B10 teams comes up - I see a lot of my fellow Gopher fans also see things differently. So be it...

I always pull for EVERY Big 10 team in nonconference games, bowls, tournaments, etc. I see no point in getting wrapped up in all that Wisconsin/Iowa 'hate'. As rivals, I do take a little extra satisfaction when the Gophers beat them, but that is about the extent of it. From my viewpoint, I see the Big 10 as a family and I always want it to be thought of in the best way. That of course starts when teams from the Big 10 play and win games out of conference. I really don't care if other B10 fans don't return the warm vibes, and any time these topics about cheering other B10 teams comes up - I see a lot of my fellow Gopher fans also see things differently. So be it...

Well stated.

Top Bottom