Do we go small?

dingo

Reaction score
I think the most important thing when an injury like this happens to get your most talented guys on the floor instead of looking to replace a specific spot. So I think our best option were to go small and take advantage of our athleticism. During the tournament our best lineups were with either Ralph or Trevor in the game, not both. And I recall that Tubby made some comments about Rodney playing center all through highschool. So it got me thinking why cant we platoon Rodney/Oto at PF.

How does this lineup sound?

Dre Hollins
Welch
Austin Hollins
Rodney
Ralph

I'd like to see that, actually. Against all but the biggest B10 teams, I think we'd have a better shot with that lineup.

That's a good lineup. Those should be the starters, with Chip and Oto rounding out the top 7. Up til now I've felt we were best with Ralph coming off the bench, but now we need him. He's the frickin key. Can he defend? Can he move his feet and get in people's way?

The big man @ Ohio St. will kill us w/o Embakwe.

No choice. It has to be a mostly guard line-up because we have mostly guards and they are our most talented players. I can also see EE and Oto getting a lot better because of increased pt. They key here is as much mental as physical. Can Tubby and Co keep their heads up? It's a tough thing to do with that age group when faced with unexpected adversity. We may have taken a step back this year, but taken a step forward in the more running and aggressive style that we will play in the years ahead with better athletes.

Top Bottom