Do we get Gray some time under center?

Reaction score
In the blowout thread, several people suggest that we should be able to get the backups some PT in the 2nd half. I was wondering, should we give Gray some reps at QB in the 4th quarter, assuming we're up by 3+ scores?

That's a big assumption, given our past history with FCS opponents, not to mention schools with the word "Dakota" in their names. And I think the #2 priority tomorrow (after winning) is for Weber to develop some chemistry with his WR's, because we aren't going to be able to win many games just running the ball. But if Weber goes down (or is totally ineffective), we're going to need our #2 QB, and Gray hasn't had many opportunities to throw the ball. And he hasn't exactly looked like Joe Montana in the few times he did throw a pass.

It also gives the USC coaches something else to think about, not that we should show too much. But if Weber is our starter all season, there won't be too many chances for Gray to get some PT. I'm sure Brewster doesn't want to start a QB controversy. Also, if Gray is indeed being groomed to be a WR next year, does getting him snaps at QB really matter down the road. I suppose you could put Alipate in there for mop-up duty, but I can't remember if he's being redshirted this year.

What are you talking about, an ineffective passing game? Weber is amazing. Just ask 3/4 of the people on this board. He'll carry us to no less than 8 wins, probably 9 or a very good chance of 10 or 11 this year. A New Years Day bowl game, certainly. And 100% sellouts at TCF Bank Stadium this year, with nearly full attendance. Everyone will be excited to see our excellent passing game led by our amazing 5th-year senior. Brewster will be renewed for at least $3 mil per year by next month, after Weber throws for 8 TDs and 715 yards against USC. You heard it here first.

What are you talking about, an ineffective passing game? Weber is amazing. Just ask 3/4 of the people on this board. He'll carry us to no less than 8 wins, probably 9 or a very good chance of 10 or 11 this year. A New Years Day bowl game, certainly. And 100% sellouts at TCF Bank Stadium this year, with nearly full attendance. Everyone will be excited to see our excellent passing game led by our amazing 5th-year senior. Brewster will be renewed for at least $3 mil per year by next month, after Weber throws for 8 TDs and 715 yards against USC. You heard it here first.

Could you be more clear? I'm not really picking up on what you mean.

Let's just keep Gray at reciever this year and see what happens. I guess from the Manning camp people said the one quarterback who suprised everyone was Weber. Let's hope he suprises us all in a great season. I'd have Moses take some snaps in the game and keep Gray at reciever. Heck even Dave Mona and Brewster have commented how great Gray is at receiver. I know these guys maybe way to optimistic but let's see what Gray can do at reciever.

I'm starting to get a little gray under center. I imagine we all at some point will get a little gray under center.

Top Bottom