Do the right thing Simoni Lawrence...

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
If you believe this report, Ex-Gopher Captain (Under Brewster) Simoni Lawrence rear ended a woman, didn't have insurance (20k car, no insurance), claimed not to have the money to fix her car at the time, did have the money to fix his own car though, now won't pay up as promised & has instead blocked her calls & messages on social media.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/...aptain_screwing_over_woman_he_hit_on_i-94.php

Used to see Simoni around the (not cheap) St Louis Park Lifetime all the time earlier this year.

Probably should have been redirecting those membership dues towards that car insurance. He must not have been paying attention in his personal finance courses.

Curious why she didn't just call the police when the accident occurred. You're suppose to.

Best Simoni Lawrence memory:

At Northwestern, he tackled a guy on the sideline and must have fallen close to the TV sound guy, because all you heard was:

'Motherf*cker hit me in the penis'

I know there was a youtube with it a couple years ago, but i'm too lazy to look for it.

And of course Pantherhawk has taken this link and posted it over on the badger board.....

And of course Pantherhawk has taken this link and posted it over on the badger board.....

One day we're going to abruptly stop hearing from Pantherhawk and it'll be because his mental illness has reached a breaking point one way or another.

At least he was not a current player! The Buckyville site would have a field day over that one! Go Gophers!!

That is what I was thinking as well.
I don't know that it's true. I was going east on Energy Park Drive a few years ago when an oldster made a left-hand turn on a red light and ran right into me. I went into the little gas station and asked if they had a non-emergency number for the police. We tracked it down, I called the police and was told that they could send someone out, but it wasn't necessary. A few minutes later, a squad pulled up to get gas. They said that they weren't there for my call, and as long as no one was hurt, all we needed to do was exchange information. Anyway, old guy said that I ran the light and he had a green arrow. Someone from my insurance went out and looked at the crash site and noted that there was no arrow light at that intersection, just a standard light. Had I actually ran the light, I would have been hit by the traffic crossing north, as they would have had the right of way over someone making a left turn. Anyway, since no witnesses stuck around, it came down to he said/old lying bastard said and I was on the hook for the deductible since this is a no-fault state. Simoni shouldn't have said anything about covering her bill. It's pretty much her responsibility no matter who caused the accident.

I don't know that it's true. I was going east on Energy Park Drive a few years ago when an oldster made a left-hand turn on a red light and ran right into me. I went into the little gas station and asked if they had a non-emergency number for the police. We tracked it down, I called the police and was told that they could send someone out, but it wasn't necessary. A few minutes later, a squad pulled up to get gas. They said that they weren't there for my call, and as long as no one was hurt, all we needed to do was exchange information. Anyway, old guy said that I ran the light and he had a green arrow. Someone from my insurance went out and looked at the crash site and noted that there was no arrow light at that intersection, just a standard light. Had I actually ran the light, I would have been hit by the traffic crossing north, as they would have had the right of way over someone making a left turn. Anyway, since no witnesses stuck around, it came down to he said/old lying bastard said and I was on the hook for the deductible since this is a no-fault state. Simoni shouldn't have said anything about covering her bill. It's pretty much her responsibility no matter who caused the accident.
This is precisely why you call the police and have them record both person's accounts at the time. Of course they don't want to take the time to fill out paperwork and actually work if they don't have to.

This is precisely why you call the police and have them record both person's accounts at the time. Of course they don't want to take the time to fill out paperwork and actually work if they don't have to.

Well, no. It's not worth their time unless there are injuries, traffic issues, etc. For a fender bender in a no-fault state they often times issue an incident ID number and then interview both parties at a later time.

And (at the time of the article) the other driver has begun experiencing "neck discomfort". Hint, hint. Maybe he got sick of her stalking him on Twitter and Facebook and making fun of his belief. Was advised that he did not have a legal obligation to cover her deductible and ended ties with her.

Dick move or not, the biggest issue here is driving without insurance. A fine of no less that $200 and I think a max of $1,000.

Maybe he spent all his money on gold teeth and couldn't afford car insurance.

If there's damage to a vehicle the law says you must call the police. At least it used to, back when I had a CDL. It isn't a matter of whether it's worth a policeman's time. It's his job.

I doubt that the laws governing traffic accidents have changed much.

The vast majority of traffic accidents never call a police officer. Most people just show each other their license, they jot down the name, address, license #, get a cell phone #, look at the insurance card, jot down the insurance company, policy number & go on their way.

Maybe he spent all his money on gold teeth and couldn't afford car insurance.

Gold teeth? Why because he's black you assume he spends his money on gold teeth? Between your Muslim hate and blatant rascism I dont understand how you're not banned.

The vast majority of traffic accidents never call a police officer. Most people just show each other their license, they jot down the name, address, license #, get a cell phone #, look at the insurance card, jot down the insurance company, policy number & go on their way.
I know, and then you also end up with situations like this.

According to the Minnesota DMV, you don't need to call the police: http://www.dmv.org/mn-minnesota/accident-guide/

Okay, you're right. The instructions from the DMV read:

Crash Report
Accidents involving death, injury, or property damage of at least $1000 require that the drivers file a crash report within 10 days. Describe the accident, including the details of when and where it happened, as well as provide your insurance coverage information.

Please accept some advice: if you have an accident, call the police and insist that they come out and fill out a report. As indicated above, you aren't required to call the police for minor accidents, but this alleged Simoni Lawrence incident illustrates why you should anyway.

Anyway, since no witnesses stuck around, it came down to he said/old lying bastard said and I was on the hook for the deductible since this is a no-fault state.

Just FYI, Minnesota's no-fault statute has nothing to do with liability for property damage to the involved vehicles. Your insurer might have decided that there was no way to determine who was at fault (or found OLB to be more credible than you), but you could have contested that or made a claim against OLB to recover the deductible. May not have been worth your time to do so, but its got nothing to do with the no-fault law.

Top Bottom