Dixon to Rutgers.....

Harysamiak(too lazy to spell it right) is there I think. Mixture of PT and scheme probably make it appealing. I think they can be a steady team and he can be a draft pick. But oof, is the grass really greener?

Harysamiak(too lazy to spell it right) is there I think. Mixture of PT and scheme probably make it appealing. I think they can be a steady team and he can be a draft pick. But oof, is the grass really greener?

I don’t think Schiano would take a Gopher transfer without Fleck at least knowing about it. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Fleck helped both Dunlap and Dixon land at Rutgers.

Rutgers rivals podcast mentioned their contact at Minnesota said Dixon didn't want to be moved to LB and played better under Rutgers DC in 2021. It had nothing to do with NIL.

Rutgers rivals podcast mentioned their contact at Minnesota said Dixon didn't want to be moved to LB and played better under Rutgers DC in 2021. It had nothing to do with NIL.
That just doesn't seem right to me. I don't think Dixon was going to be moved to LB. He was getting run at our big nickel position, covering man-to-man quite a bit.

I guess it's possible that maybe they didn't like him patrolling deep and wanted him to stay at that 3rd safety/big nickel role (which I guess is kind of like a LBer but not really) but that would surprise me.

He wasn’t going to start at safety here with Nubin back. Guessing he thinks he will at Rutgers.

Good luck to him!
Why wouldn't he have started? He started a lot of games last year and we lost a starter at safety.

It's possible Bryson, Henderson, or Green would have beat him out but Dixon had more experience and was a good player on a good defense.

Why wouldn't he have started? He started a lot of games last year and we lost a starter at safety.

It's possible Bryson, Henderson, or Green would have beat him out but Dixon had more experience and was a good player on a good defense.
and who knows if Henderson commits here if Dixon is still in the picture....

Based on other posters, and the poster in this thread claiming he didn’t want to be converted to LB, makes me think Dixon was not being considered to replace Howden at Free, and is much more of a Strong or even a small LB in a 4-2-5 as a nickel/LB hybrid.

I think he would have started and done a great job at Strong here if Nubin would’ve moved on.

All this could be incorrect. Also possibly underestimating his ability to play Free.

Following his former coach, but I can’t help but feel bad for the kid. Rutgers?!

Top Bottom