discount ticket rant -- you've been warned!

These tickets that they released were obviously being held for a specific reason. They U has to hold a certain number of seats for emergency situations. They can release more and more of these for public sale the closer the game gets. It also sounds like these tickets might have been turn backs from the Iowa allotment. This would make sense, as the U usually dont get these back until the week of the game. (probably the player allotment.) Either way, none of these seats are better than any of our season tickets. So lets just be happy that butts will be in the seats.

And Gopher Bandana Guy, I wasnt trying to patronize you. I was just pointing out that the way you worded it, these seats were the same as yours yet they were going for $35 less than your "price" which is incorrect. Kind of like Gopher Lady stating they are selling the tickets at half the price of the season ticket holder's seats.

These tickets that they released were obviously being held for a specific reason. They U has to hold a certain number of seats for emergency situations. They can release more and more of these for public sale the closer the game gets. It also sounds like these tickets might have been turn backs from the Iowa allotment. This would make sense, as the U usually dont get these back until the week of the game. (probably the player allotment.) Either way, none of these seats are better than any of our season tickets. So lets just be happy that butts will be in the seats.

And Gopher Bandana Guy, I wasnt trying to patronize you. I was just pointing out that the way you worded it, these seats were the same as yours yet they were going for $35 less than your "price" which is incorrect. Kind of like Gopher Lady stating they are selling the tickets at half the price of the season ticket holder's seats.

I hope you are correct in those seats being sent back from the Iowa allotment. That would be outstanding. And I am happy someone will be sitting in those seats. I'll admit this is all much ado about nothing, at this scale at least. I think it's clear though, that if these 100 seats sold out at $40/seat in mere minutes, then the price and demand were certainly underestimated.

I do understand that the U sells other seats at less than my specific seat and ticket's location/face value, yes. But stating that the U does me a favor by printing the face value on my tix, is laughable.

Another thing, we want a sellout for recruiting purposes and it looks better on TV

Top Bottom