Disaster averted

. ... Maybe a Kevin Clark-type juco pickup rather than a Kerwin Fleming?

Thanks.

After one look at Welch (need to see him a lot more) not sure I'd compare him to either Clark or Fleming. Those guys were very offensive minded. Clark certainly is quicker.

If I had to make a comparison it'd be to Travarus (sp?) Bennett. Welch isn't nearly as tall as Bennett and they play(ed) different positions (Bennett more of a 2-3, Welch a combo 1-2), but they're versatile players, guys than be active, make plays & who can plug holes. Kind of the glue-guy types? Again, it's just one game, but I think once Andre gets more comfortable we're going to see a lot of Welch and Andre on the floor at the same time.

The most important stat was giving up on 12 three-point attempts, which was only 34% of Bucknell's field goal attempts. Last year our opponents attempted 43% of field goal attempts from behind the line.

Also nice to see that the ball-line defense died for a night. Didn't see the post being double much at all.

The most important stat was giving up on 12 three-point attempts, which was only 34% of Bucknell's field goal attempts. Last year our opponents attempted 43% of field goal attempts from behind the line.

Also nice to see that the ball-line defense died for a night. Didn't see the post being double much at all.

I've always felt that people have made a bigger deal about the 3-pointers than they should. The biggest reason teams shoot so many 3-pointers against us is because our interior defense is so good. Bucknell shot 30% on 2-pointers last night. Last year teams shot 39.9% overall from the field against us. That was 1st in the B1G and 22nd in the country.

Thanks.

After one look at Welch (need to see him a lot more) not sure I'd compare him to either Clark or Fleming. Those guys were very offensive minded. Clark certainly is quicker.

If I had to make a comparison it'd be to Travarus (sp?) Bennett. Welch isn't nearly as tall as Bennett and they play(ed) different positions (Bennett more of a 2-3, Welch a combo 1-2), but they're versatile players, guys than be active, make plays & who can plug holes. Kind of the glue-guy types? Again, it's just one game, but I think once Andre gets more comfortable we're going to see a lot of Welch and Andre on the floor at the same time.

This is what I would hope. Austin has the ability to rotate in at both the 2 and the 3. BTW- I liked the way Rodney was getting more of his action neared the bucket last night. That's promising. I think there are some possibilities for a small ultra quick lineup of Mbakwe, Williams, Austin Hollins, Welch and Dre Hollins.

Welch reminds me a little bit a of bit little thicker version of Verdell Jones.

Top Bottom