Dinkytown NIL idea

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
They have the $X per month tiers - that is probably everywhere.

I would think it would be more exciting for a donation based on certain events.

It would be more fun for me to give $x per sack or touchdown or interception or something along those lines.

I remember games back in the dome where each touchdown had an announcement and a message on the scoreboard with something along the lines of, “and that’s another $77 from Bob McNamara to the golden gopher touchdown club” or whatever.

It would be sweet of after a sack there was a similar announcement but it would be fun to watch the number grow as more people donated.

Week 1: that’s another $2,750 to Dinkytown athletics with that interception.

Week 10: that’s another $10 million dollars to Dinkytown with that interception.

a lot of local radio stations run a variation on that, with sponsors for specific plays/situations.

before I retired, my station had a deal with a local seed-corn dealer. on every QB sack, I had to announce that "this sack was brought to you by xxxxxxx. See them for your next sack of seed or feed." But, there weren't that many sacks in an average game, so they switched their deal and started sponsoring the halftime stats and recap segment.

Performance driven pledges
That is a better way to describe the concept.

If Dinkytown NIL had that I’d be all over it and would be one of the people who would say, “sure hit my credit card for $X every time there is a sack”.

I would think more people would be willing to give a performance based pledge than a boring monthly fee. And why not make the lowest level $5 per event?

That is a better way to describe the concept.

If Dinkytown NIL had that I’d be all over it and would be one of the people who would say, “sure hit my credit card for $X every time there is a sack”.

I would think more people would be willing to give a performance based pledge than a boring monthly fee. And why not make the lowest level $5 per event?
So U Gopher Athletics Department s doing this type of pledges. It’s call “Pledge-Per-Win” where you donate only when they win AND you can further donate per touchdowns even if they don’t win.

See more info here

So U Gopher Athletics Department s doing this type of pledges. It’s call “Pledge-Per-Win” where you donate only when they win AND you can further donate per touchdowns even if they don’t win.

See more info here

Thank you.
This is cool, but I’d rather donate to the NIL. Anyway, I think Dinkytown NIL can get a bit more creative and even get some sort of sponsorship a la Washburn-McCreavey every time a certain event happens.

Thank you.
This is cool, but I’d rather donate to the NIL. Anyway, I think Dinkytown NIL can get a bit more creative and even get some sort of sponsorship a la Washburn-McCreavey every time a certain event happens.

“Fleck ran another RB into the ground and when it’s your time contact Washburn-McCreavey” is the best I can do

Thank you.
". . .and Joyner buries the quarterback at the seven. When it's time for you to bury a loved one, contact the experienced professionals at Washburn-McReavey, proud sponsors of Gopher football since Bernie Bierman was in diapers."

I like the OP idea, but at some point athletic departments will realize they are competing for the same donation dollar as the collectives. Yes at the end of the day they are all supporting the programs, but there is only so much money donor’s will donate.

Top Bottom