DiLoreto booted from Utah State

Bank robbery charge?! And then a marijuana possession charge?! This kid makes Royce sound like a choir boy. :D

Plus, how the hell are you stupid enough to think that you'll be able to get away with a bank robbery when you're 7-foot-1?! It's not like he's your average, everyday Joe whose description would be hard to I.D. What a freaking dolt.

Novak brings out the best in his transfers. :)
DiLoreto grew up in the Hopkins district. He wasn't a transfer?

For every DiLoreto or White (for one year), Novak molded a Blake Hoffarber, a Jeff Hagen, a Zach Puchtel, a Dan Coleman, a Trent Lockett, etc. who have shown themselves to be model citizens and fine young men. As Charles Barkley says, "kids can be knuckleheads."

Novak gave DiLoreto a chance to be the team manager after the robbery incident and likely was the reason he was even looked at by any Division I colleges. Novak is not to blame. He did everything he could and reached out to the kid...

Bank robbery charge?! And then a marijuana possession charge?! This kid makes Royce sound like a choir boy. :D

Plus, how the hell are you stupid enough to think that you'll be able to get away with a bank robbery when you're 7-foot-1?! It's not like he's your average, everyday Joe whose description would be hard to I.D. What a freaking dolt.

Pretty sure he didn't end up in much trouble because he didn't actually try to rob the bank. IIRC his friend got out of the car, DiLoreto realized what his friend was going to do, and drove off because he didn't want to be a part of it. Also, the amount of athletes who have smoked weed is about the same as the number of people with a license who have driven over the speed limit. Never met the guy, don't know if he's a good person or not, but those charges probably make him look a lot worse than he is. Like I said though, I don't know him.

Novak gave DiLoreto a chance to be the team manager after the robbery incident and likely was the reason he was even looked at by any Division I colleges. Novak is not to blame. He did everything he could and reached out to the kid...

I don't think that Novak is necessarily to blame, but let's get off the "Novak the victim" is getting unfairly beaten up when people question him.

He let the kid hang around after the robbery. That's great, but is a public gesture that doesn't tell us anything about exactly how he "did everything he could and reached out to the kid." Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't.

His involvement was more than stated above. He was the getaway driver and lookout for his buddy who went in with a shotgun and robbed the bank. While the other guy was in the bank, Diloretto (sp?) chickened out and drove off. Cops caught the other guy walking down the road. You can't treat stupid.:cool:

This is off topic (sorry), but whatever happened to the Hopkins center that went to Purdue on a scholarship? Must have been Painters first year or so.

Top Bottom