Dilemma

If the Nazis themselves rolled through the Eastern Half of the US and it was up to Wisconsin to stop them, I'd still have a hard time pulling for them.

Nebraska, I don't care if they win every game they ever play in the BIG just as long as Wisconsin loses.

Exactly! Why would anyone who is a true Gopher Football fan route for Wisconsin to win in any circumstance?, unless the Gophers someday were in the running for a title and we needed them to beat someone for us to win the Big Ten.

Nebraska is going to kill Bucky. They've played no one, and they're about to get punched in the mouth by a real team. I CAN'T WAIT for Saturday night.

So because UW has had an extremely soft non-conference schedule means they are not good? That's an interesting take.

This isn't a dilemma.

We are at war with Wisconsin. We've always been at war with Wisconsin.

If the Nazis themselves rolled through the Eastern Half of the US and it was up to Wisconsin to stop them, I'd still have a hard time pulling for them.

+100 MILLION.

I told my wife this and she is disgusted with me (she's a Wisconsin raised girl, even though she loves the Gophs). I think it has more to do with me actually willing to cheer for the Nazis though.

Nebraska fans, while very over the top, have ALWAYS been first class to me. Condescending? Sure. They have the right to be, they have a Hell of a program. But I've NEVER had a problem with UNL fans, online or in person. WI fans on the other hand.. Completely different.

+100 MILLION.

I told my wife this and she is disgusted with me (she's a Wisconsin raised girl, even though she loves the Gophs). I think it has more to do with me actually willing to cheer for the Nazis though.

Nebraska fans, while very over the top, have ALWAYS been first class to me. Condescending? Sure. They have the right to be, they have a Hell of a program. But I've NEVER had a problem with UNL fans, online or in person. WI fans on the other hand.. Completely different.

Ive been to Memorial, CR, TCF, and by far Gopher Fans are the worst, not even close. And it is even worse as the team is no good.

I was spit on at TCF wearing a Badgers jersey, horrible.

Ive been to Memorial, CR, TCF, and by far Gopher Fans are the worst, not even close. And it is even worse as the team is no good.

That's because you can't make up your mind who you like most and instead cheer for the team that's playing better.

That's because you can't make up your mind who you like most and instead cheer for the team that's playing better.

I'll take ribbing all day long. But getting spit on is low class.

As much as I hate Wisconsin, I have to root for them. I don't want to see Nebraska beat up on everybody their first year in the conference, that would just make the Big Ten look even worse. I have nothing against Nebraska, it's just it would really look bad if they ran the table through Big Ten play this year.

Solution: Don't wear a frickin BADger jersery.

I don't understand the deep ceded hatred for the Badger program. Is it due to the success of the program the last 20 years? Most Wisconsin fans don't "hate" the gophers or vikings. Maybe due to neither team being much of a threat on the field? idk

I would like them both to lose. How's that!!!

I don't understand the deep ceded hatred for the Badger program. Is it due to the success of the program the last 20 years? Most Wisconsin fans don't "hate" the gophers or vikings. Maybe due to neither team being much of a threat on the field? idk

You don't understand the deep seated hatred of one of Minnesota's 2 primary rivals? Do you understand why Ohio State hates Michigan (and vice versa)? Do you understand why water is wet? Sheesh...

The concept of hate is too advanced for the Wisconsin mind. They're far too feral to comprehend emotions. All the Wisconsin mind focuses on is sustenance, shelter, and procreation.

You must have never been around BADger fans that live in Minnesota.

I know one Husker fan and know or work with many, many Badger fans. Ergo, go Huskers!

The concept of hate is too advanced for the Wisconsin mind. They're far too feral to comprehend emotions. All the Wisconsin mind focuses on is sustenance, shelter, and procreation.

You forgot dead deer...

I'll take ribbing all day long. But getting spit on is low class.

How can anyone possibly be "GopherBadgerMan." Are you also RedSoxYankees Man, and VikingsPackerMan?

For politics, is it ObamaMcCainGreenTeaParty Man?

I would LOVE to hear a Power Chant in Camp Randall on Saturday night. I hope Nebraska destroys Wisconsin and BB gets what he deserves

Wouldn't it be great if Neb was up big in the 4th Q and they go for 2 after a TD. Oh wait, Pelini probably has some class.

How can anyone possibly be "GopherBadgerMan." Are you also RedSoxYankees Man, and VikingsPackerMan?

For politics, is it ObamaMcCainGreenTeaParty Man?

I know this is not exactly the same thing, but I once worked with a guy who was a Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, and Florida St. football fan. I kid you not. We made fun of him so much and he never could understand why.

Only time I've had my life threatened - Madison - for wearing a Gopher jersey (and I was keeping my mouth shut doing my best to avoid trouble). It goes both ways. I've been to many opposing hockey arenas and Madison is by far the worst for harrassment...not even close.

I've always said Iowa fans are obnoxious and crude, but I've never seen them get belligerent. Can't say that at all about Wisco fans.

Solution: Don't wear a frickin BADger jersery.

Sure, but I should be able to wear it and not get spit on. It was by a bunch of 40 somethings...I could get it more if it were a bunch of drunk 20 year olds...

Wont be a problem this year, the stadium will probably be 60% red for both Wisconsin and Nebraksa games

Top Bottom