Difference between WI & MN

Tvans022

Reaction score
Can be pretty much summed up by this… their Athletic Department expects victory and are preparing for a trip to Indy. Us? Nothing of the sort. As a season ticket holder for 15+ years you’d think the Athletic Dept would at least reach out to us to get a potential plan or package together. I realize we no longer control our destiny, but even when we did… nothing. This is the kind of stuff that shows the difference between the programs and the gap that still remains. Confidence and expectations speak volumes. From the team, to the coaches, to the athletic department, to the fan base.

Attachments

• 8E00806B-B3E9-483A-AFA0-8262A1E0C582.jpeg
    8E00806B-B3E9-483A-AFA0-8262A1E0C582.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 22

Lol you think it would be a good idea in this media market to sell tickets to Indy needing Nebraska, Purdue, and Minnesota to win.

That’s a recipe to get made fun of by local media
So, how would that be different from any other day in the Cities in regards to the local media? My point still remains - I didn’t say publicize it, I said emailing the season ticket holders.

One program has won 83% of the head-to-head matchups for 30 years, 85% the last 20, and 90% the last 10...I think I'm with the athletic department not placing the cart before the horse.

Last edited:

Can be pretty much summed up by this… their Athletic Department expects victory and are preparing for a trip to Indy. Us? Nothing of the sort. As a season ticket holder for 15+ years you’d think the Athletic Dept would at least reach out to us to get a potential plan or package together. I realize we no longer control our destiny, but even when we did… nothing. This is the kind of stuff that shows the difference between the programs and the gap that still remains. Confidence and expectations speak volumes. From the team, to the coaches, to the athletic department, to the fan base.

They contacted me. But they also know I’m not a cry baby narc who would spread the info. Second class STHers like OP don’t get the inside info.

Lol you think it would be a good idea in this media market to sell tickets to Indy needing Nebraska, Purdue, and Minnesota to win.

That’s a recipe to get made fun of by local media
Especially when your program is behind teams from the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB in media attention.

So, how would that be different from any other day in the Cities in regards to the local media? My point still remains - I didn’t say publicize it, I said emailing the season ticket holders.
Any email to season ticket holders would instantly be shared with the media. That's just how things work these days.

I would assume they are since they they are favored and have a lot of experience going to high profile games. Not bad idea idea however and if it all works out for us to go, my guess is there will not be a lot of planning and have attended the Bigten championship several times, there is not much to do except get a ticket and drive down.

Yikes, some of you must have overcooked your turkey or something. Awfully combative in here.

The rings PJ handed out for 'winning the West in 2019' were enough of an embarrassment.
There is plenty of time for the MN Athletic Dept to plan for Indy if all the pieces fall in place.
In the meantime, optimistic fans can make hotel/motel reservations on their own.

Here’s some help. Drive or book your flight so that you can cancel within 24 hours if the scenario doesn’t work out. Book a hotel, plenty of time to cancel. Tickets will be available through the U or second market.

They’ve played in 60% of CCGs. (throw out the Covid year, and it has been more than Ohio State).

They are 7-point favorites in a game being played in a building where they have never lost.

So the OP seem a little disingenuous that he is confused by the difference in the approach.

Top Bottom