Dienhart: Bowl Projections, Players Rankings & Team Power Rankings

A few thoughts:

Becky lost to Oregon State, not Oklahoma State.

I have a really hard time believing Wisconsin can make it to a BCS game at this point without winning the conference title game. I'd have to see a monster turnaround of epic proportions at this point to see them get that done. If they manage to pull off a shocker in Lincoln next week, that'd put them in a nice spot though, I will say that.

Also, interesting he leaps Wells from #5 to T-#1 in this week's poll.

Wells just seems to always be where he needs to be. He recovered the onside kick, strung out the sweep on the goal line stand, etc.

Wells just seems to always be where he needs to be. He recovered the onside kick, strung out the sweep on the goal line stand, etc.

Exactly. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time. It has been pointed out that a big difference between this years team and last years team is that we haven't been giving up the big plays. As one of the last lines of defense, Wells has stopped just about every ball carrier. That, along with his spectacular special teams play, makes him one of the most important players on our team and one of the more impressive defensive players in the Big Ten up to this point.

A few thoughts:

Becky lost to Oregon State, not Oklahoma State.

I have a really hard time believing Wisconsin can make it to a BCS game at this point without winning the conference title game. I'd have to see a monster turnaround of epic proportions at this point to see them get that done. If they manage to pull off a shocker in Lincoln next week, that'd put them in a nice spot though, I will say that.

Also, interesting he leaps Wells from #5 to T-#1 in this week's poll.
Bucky will be in the B10 title game. OSU can't go. All they have to do is beat Purdue. It will be WI versus someone from the legends.

Bucky will be in the B10 title game. OSU can't go. All they have to do is beat Purdue. It will be WI versus someone from the legends.

Yeah, but he has them in the Fiesta and MSU in the Rose Bowl, so that means they lose the title game, but still get into a BCS game, which I find hard to believe will happen.

ilovethebarn said:

Purdue is much better than Wisconsin.

Nebraska will be tough to beat in the Legends. The Gophers will do well to tie for 2nd with NW perhaps.

How on God's green earth does Sconnie get the fiesta bowl with 5 losses (maybe 7)? Along with Oregon State; include Michigan State, Ohio State, Nebraska and Purdue, and possible losses to Minnesota and maybe an upset to Penn State.

I'll give Wells credit for a great play on the sweep. As far as being where he needs to be on the onside kick, they kicked it directly to him. He had to field it which to his credit he did but he didn't have to make some great effort to get in on the play. Just saying. Kid is still having a great year to date, hopefully he can keep it up.

Rose Bowl (Jan. 1): Nebraska
Capital One Bowl (Jan. 1): Michigan
Outback Bowl (Jan. 1): Purdue
Gator Bowl (Jan. 1): Michigan State
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (Dec. 29): Northwestern
Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas (Dec. 28): Wisconsin
TicketCity Bowl (Jan. 1): Minnesota
Little Caesars Pizza Bowl (Dec. 26): Iowa

Rose Bowl (Jan. 1): Nebraska
Capital One Bowl (Jan. 1): Michigan
Outback Bowl (Jan. 1): Purdue
Gator Bowl (Jan. 1): Michigan State
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (Dec. 29): Northwestern
Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas (Dec. 28): Wisconsin
TicketCity Bowl (Jan. 1): Minnesota
Little Caesars Pizza Bowl (Dec. 26): Iowa

Looks like we will be playing in a Jan 1 bowl game sooner than I was expecting.:)

Looks like we will be playing in a Jan 1 bowl game sooner than I was expecting.:)

Yeah the NCAA has really f'ed up the whole prestige of playing on Jan 1 with the way the bowl games are scheduled now.

My line-up for postseason

Jan 1
Rose Bowl
Sugar Bowl
Cotton Bowl
Orange Bowl

Sometime in December:

Bluebonnet Bowl

Final Four:
Conference Champions of;
SEC
Big Ten
Big Twelve
Pac 12

That's it
:):):):):):):):)

I hope the Gopher players aren't reading this which-bowl-will-they-be-in nonsense. The real competition now begins and they better be ready.

Yeah the NCAA has really f'ed up the whole prestige of playing on Jan 1 with the way the bowl games are scheduled now.

Yep, I liked New Year's Day better when only the biggies were played on Jan. 1, and when the games overlapped.

For Big 10 teams the true "We're playing in a legitimate New Year's Day bowl (or better)" bowls are the Rose, other BCS, Capital One or Outback (Gator a nice recent addition to the B1G lineup, too, though a step behind the Cap One & Outback). Those are the Jan. 1's you have every right to brag about. That means you're playing in a BCS bowl or you're playing an upper-tier SEC team, all true litmus tests for your program.

Top Bottom