Didn't watch- my takeaway

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Have yet to see a down live this year. Screw ESPN and CBS sports net. Followed on the internet for the fourth quarter. Major deja vu to my pre-BTN early 2000s following the Gophers.

On to the takeaway- in my Gophers history (1990 until now), we DO NOT WIN this kind of game. Down late, with a game manager at QB, we drove the field to score a TD. Gophers then blew the lead (used to that) but then won in OT (not used to that). Normally we would lose in OT and it would be the Gophers turning the ball over on 1st down.

End result, Gophers won. Perhaps it was ugly as hell but they won. This augers well for the season. Minnesota is due some breaks.

PS Everyone wants decent non-conference match-ups and then freaks out if it a close game.

Minnesota is due some breaks.

I think we've had numerous breaks go our way the last 2 years (like the lateral at Indiana or Kenny Bell getting injured for the last two years). So I wouldn't say that's the case any more.

Have yet to see a down live this year. Screw ESPN and CBS sports net. Followed on the internet for the fourth quarter. Major deja vu to my pre-BTN early 2000s following the Gophers.

On to the takeaway- in my Gophers history (1990 until now), we DO NOT WIN this kind of game. Down late, with a game manager at QB, we drove the field to score a TD. Gophers then blew the lead (used to that) but then won in OT (not used to that). Normally we would lose in OT and it would be the Gophers turning the ball over on 1st down.

End result, Gophers won. Perhaps it was ugly as hell but they won. This augers well for the season. Minnesota is due some breaks.

PS Everyone wants decent non-conference match-ups and then freaks out if it a close game.

I had those thoughts as well. I've watched them lose many games that played out just like today's game. Coming out flat, somehow getting a late lead, then blowing it with the help of a horrible call. The Gophers of the last couple years are winning the games they used to regularly lose. They're not pretty to watch. It's kind of a shame that fan expectations have so quickly exceeded reality.

Should've watched the game.

Top Bottom