Did we just create more competition for a HC?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Does anyone think that Illinois will fire Zooker if lose out (NWestern and Fresno St) and subsequently fail to make a bowl game?

Persa is out for the year, so I would expect Illinois to beat Northwestern.

That said, we can't sit around worrying who else is going to fire their coach.

Does it really matter? Would you have rather we lost? Illinois has 2 games left, NW and Fresno St. As long as they win one they will make a Bowl and I think Zook survives. He is indeed only 3 years removed from the Rose Bowl. That said, if they lose both, then yes he might get the axe. We can't worry about every other job, though Illinois opening would be unfortunate. It's a very similar job in the same conference.

Nope, it doesn't matter at all to me. I'd way rather have a win and I wasn't at all wondering if "the win was worth it" or anything like that. I simply heard the stadium today, know about zook's situation and was wondering.

Persa is out for the year, so I would expect Illinois to beat Northwestern.

That said, we can't sit around worrying who else is going to fire their coach.

Persa tear up his knee?

I like Fitzgerald and I like Persa, but you're just asking for an injury in the modern game with that single-wing offense they run. Persa gets hammered fifteen times a game and a lot of times, he's just defenseless.

Persa ruptured his achilles heel on his last play of the game. He wasn't touched.

Top Bottom