Did Royce have a hearing today?

I thought Royce had quit going to class and had withdrawn from school. This seems like a problem to me.

are you really a student?

Yes I am. And my point was definitely not that an education, especially a free education is a waste of time. I value my education highly. I was just saying that maybe Royce decided to drop out because he didn't think he was going to play this year and wasn't too keen on the idea of spending his days in school. Also I am not saying that this was for sure his reasoning, just an honest suggestion.

In one the articles it said Maturi told Royce he would have to wait until everything was resolved before he could play. They tried to get a plea deal before but failed and it looked like Royce was going to trial which would have taken many weeks or months, so Maturi wouldn't have allowed him to play this season until the trial was over. Now that there is no trial things are obviously different.

No. A plea deal similar to the one that occurred was and always has been all but assured. Last week his attorney simply tried to speed things up at the arraignment. There was never going to be a trial, much less one that would take more than 20 minutes. Things are not different. Royce was obviously in hot water with Maturi and/or Tubby for more than just 'pending charges'.

Gwarrior:
I beg to differ, nothing is OBVIOUS with Maturi. It is a shame this kid did not play this year.He wanted too play but was not given a clear indication by the AD as far as timing. Even Tubby said this kid did ALL that was asked of him. With the smuggg arrogance of the "Holier than thou crowd" (for example see section 201s remarks in this post) this program is going to continue to flounder. They continue to ignore or maybe they don't understand what it really takes to win vs the best in the country. The only standard that applies in my line of thinking is that If Tubby invites Royce back and as long as he is in Good standing wit the NCAA and qualifies with his GPA I welcome him back with open arms!

No. A plea deal similar to the one that occurred was and always has been all but assured. Last week his attorney simply tried to speed things up at the arraignment. There was never going to be a trial, much less one that would take more than 20 minutes. Things are not different. Royce was obviously in hot water with Maturi and/or Tubby for more than just 'pending charges'.

I think your point is 100% right on the money. Both Tubby and the AD stated that Royce was probably not going to play this year and they would know. I think Royce quit because he wasn't going to play not the other way around.

Top Bottom