Did Royce have a hearing today?

Reserve

Reaction score
I thought it was either yesterday or today?

Wouldn't it be the sh-ts if they dropped the trespassing charges?

Just sayin'

In Trevor Mbakwe news .. I guess they were able to track down the victim and deposed her last month. I bet that coincided with a rather ominous facebook update from Trevor .. something about God helping him get through this one.

Just speculatin'

I'm sorry but I just can't root for Wisconsin to beat Illinois tonight. I tried and it doesn't work.

Yes and he plead guilty to one misdemeanor trespassing charge and got 50 hours community service.

Source: Myron Metcalf's twitter account

So that's it?

Pardon me .. So f-ing Dudley Dooright got his man and he got 50 hours of community service.

Well done UMPD. Well done.

Good thing he quit last week. That would have made that one whole week more than anyone could possibly take. What a dip$hit.

Quote from Royce "White said “right now’’ he’s ruled out a return to the Gophers. However, he expects to have conversations with Smith and under “the perfect conditions’’ might consider a return. Under the perfect conditions? What the...

Hopefully someone will have the info on what charges were dropped and which one wasn't. I always felt that him just entering that dorm was grounds for trespassing and maybe that was the one that remained. Anyone know?

Good thing he quit

Good thing he quit last week. That would have made that one whole week more than anyone could possibly take. What a dip$hit.

I feel exactly opposite. How appropriate that he waits nearly 4 months for it to resolve itself and quits the week before a plea deal could be arranged. My guess is that if he hadn't quit he'd be playing in the next two weeks. I can't imagine they wouldn't lift the suspension due to one count of misdemeanor trespassing that lead to community service. What an unfortunate situation.

I feel exactly opposite. How appropriate that he waits nearly 4 months for it to resolve itself and quits the week before a plea deal could be arranged. My guess is that if he hadn't quit he'd be playing in the next two weeks. I can't imagine they wouldn't lift the suspension due to one count of misdemeanor trespassing that lead to community service. What an unfortunate situation.

Um, dude. Heber. "Opposite" doesn't mean exactly the same.

Maturi messed it up. Royce asked Maturi if he would be allowed to play this season if the trespassing was cleared up and Maturi wouldn't say yes for sure. I'm not sure if Maturi said no or maybe or we'll see, but I think Royce took his answer as a probable no.

I'm guessing he was charged with entering three rooms on three counts. He plead not guilty and was going to take it to trial but the prosecution made a deal and dropped two of the counts.

Maturi messed it up. Royce asked Maturi if he would be allowed to play this season if the trespassing was cleared up and Maturi wouldn't say yes for sure. I'm not sure if Maturi said no or maybe or we'll see, but I think Royce took his answer as a probable no.

I'm guessing he was charged with entering three rooms on three counts. He plead not guilty and was going to take it to trial but the prosecution made a deal and dropped two of the counts.

Xtreme - can you substantiate your information? Or is your entire post "guessing?" I'm "guessing" it is.

I'm sorry to report that it's been pretty obvious to me that he is going to come back. If I was a betting man I'd put big bucks on that. He's just building suspense and marketing some sort of image of himself. Keeping himself in the news and stuff.

Xtreme - can you substantiate your information? Or is your entire post "guessing?" I'm "guessing" it is.

In one the articles it said Maturi told Royce he would have to wait until everything was resolved before he could play. They tried to get a plea deal before but failed and it looked like Royce was going to trial which would have taken many weeks or months, so Maturi wouldn't have allowed him to play this season until the trial was over. Now that there is no trial things are obviously different.

like him or not..

he is well spoken and has a bright future... just needs to grow up a bit.

If Tubby wants Royce back---bring him on! I am for it 100%!
Lets go play some ball and win some games in the NCAA tournament in 2010-2011!
As long as Royce meets the NCAA guidelines and keeps his grades--let the puritans on this board keep their Snobish "standards" to themselves. Maybe if you are lucky, Joel Maturi can become the AD of the Tommy's and those folks here who somehow think "Big Time" (don't you love it) D1 NCAA programs should only take student athletes who meet their perfect mold can migrate to watch the Johnnys and Tommys square off....

Unless he learns......

how to live in cooperation with his fellow human beings....he has no future. He needs professional help.

My two cents...

From the outside looking in my two cents on this kid is this.

He is a cancer. We should never waste a scholarship on him again.

Sometimes in life you have to move on.

I wish him well but if he never wears a Gopher jersey again it is OK by me.

I completely support how the whole thing was handled by Tubby and Maturi.

I have faith that Tubby will do the right thing and if he decides to allow the kid back, so be it.

Royce White tonight on CCO

7:20 tonight with Mike Max ...

In one the articles it said Maturi told Royce he would have to wait until everything was resolved before he could play. They tried to get a plea deal before but failed and it looked like Royce was going to trial which would have taken many weeks or months, so Maturi wouldn't have allowed him to play this season until the trial was over. Now that there is no trial things are obviously different.

As Chucker would say from up in The Playhouse:

Uhhh, come again?

I'm sorry to report that it's been pretty obvious to me that he is going to come back. If I was a betting man I'd put big bucks on that. He's just building suspense and marketing some sort of image of himself. Keeping himself in the news and stuff.

I agree with you. For some reason after watching that video I got the feeling he was already planning coming back next year. Maybe he was just thinking that if he wasn't going to play this year why waste his time going to classes?

I agree with you. For some reason after watching that video I got the feeling he was already planning coming back next year. Maybe he was just thinking that if he wasn't going to play this year why waste his time going to classes?

Some would not consider practicing with the team and getting an education a "waste of time."

Xtreme-

I guess I don't understand how, if Maturi told RW that they would decide whether he would play only after all cases were settled, then this would constitute Maturi blowing it? I also think that you are guessing as to how it all went down and if you aren't, I asked how you knew the things you assert.

Some would not consider practicing with the team and getting an education a "waste of time."

Xtreme-

I guess I don't understand how, if Maturi told RW that they would decide whether he would play only after all cases were settled, then this would constitute Maturi blowing it? I also think that you are guessing as to how it all went down and if you aren't, I asked how you knew the things you assert.

Im not saying that this is the case with Royce, but if I had a great shot at playing professional basketball for a living I don't think I would take class very seriously. And it would be very tough to practice with a team knowing that you can't play in the game. A true team player would do this but I don't know about Royce.

Top Bottom