Did Losing Chris Autman-Bell make Morgan a Better Quarterback.

nsmike

Reaction score
I don't remember Tanner Morgan distributing the ball around as well as he did against MSU. Is it possible that, not having his go to receiver, is forcing him to be a better Quarterback?

He was already working through multiple reads on every play before the Gophers lost CRAB.

I think the 10 receiver thing is more of a statement about Ciarrocca than it was about Morgan. He has added a lot to his offense over the years. Notably this year the QB sneak and a lot more RB involvement in the passing game.

I think it is human nature to be looking to whoever you feel your top receiver is. I think all of the remaining receivers are more than capable and that spreading the ball around more as there is no clear #1 makes Morgan more dangerous.

I think it makes it harder to game plan against the Gophers. Now teams can’t see WR1 on the field and make assumptions. When they see people like Brockington, Geary, and Kallerup on the field, they still have to be prepared to defend the pass.

I think the ways the plays are designed CrAb was the number one read on a lot of them. That role is probably shared more now.

I think it makes it harder to game plan against the Gophers. Now teams can’t see WR1 on the field and make assumptions. When they see people like Brockington, Geary, and Kallerup on the field, they still have to be prepared to defend the pass.
That was all true before Crab went down too

Maybe you should get back to telling us that Sanford and Ciarrocca run the same offense.
I never said that they called the same game or were the same quality.
I said they both were very conservative and run heavy due to the head coach. They are.

In fact; if you watched the Colorado game…the Colorado offense was further away schematically from the 2021 gopher offense than the 2022 gopher offense is.
KC clearly is better at coaching QBs and making the QBs confident.
KC clearly better at timing of play calls.
KC clearly better at getting team to execute

I never defended Sanford from people who said he was bad. I defended him from people who said he was too conservative or too run heavy. Because apart from his two years with MN he hasn’t really been a run heavy coach either before or after his time in MN

Top Bottom