Did I miss it?

Jim V2

Reaction score
While I know we discussed this possibility a while ago, I thought this snippet from Sid today might have received some comment here:

"The Gophers might have gotten a two-for-one deal in wide receiver Bryant Allen, who also plays basketball for Maplewood (Mo.) Richmond Heights High School and is averaging 25.1 points per game. ... '[Gophers basketball coach Tubby Smith] is awful excited about Allen, too,' Brewster said. 'Allen is going to play basketball at Minnesota, and he is good. When he is done helping me, he will help Tubby.' Being allowed to play basketball was a factor in Allen's decision to pick Minnesota."

Of course given the penchant for hype by both Sid and Brewster, I don't really know if Tubby is excited, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, as my grandmother used to say.

sounds good

I missed it before now, so thanks Jim for pointing it out.

Sounds good to me. I realize it's difficult to really play both sports, but I can think of several guys who have done it in recent years at schools around the country, including Matt Trannon, James Hardy, and Chris Chambers in the Big Ten. Plus Matt Anderle for us.

Top Bottom