Did I hear that right? Illiinois is our "end of season" rival now???

2727Gopher

Reaction score
Granted, I'm happy with the division layouts, but Illinois??? Really???

Just next year, not every year.

I'll make that concession with everything else that has gone our way.

I saw Michigan St as the last game for 2012. So it doesn't look like we have a for sure end of seasom rival at least the first 2 seasons.

I'm with Nate on this one. We got a good divisional alignment and favorable non-protected crossovers (Purdue and Illinois) the next 2 years. I'm hopeful that we'll get either Iowa or WI as our final game in future schedules but overall this is pretty damn good from my perspective.

I am happy with absolutely everything...except the end of season game. I don't understand how the Gophers don't finish up with either Iowa or Wisconsin. I figured with Wisconsin in the other division we'd end the year with them for sure.

Who does BUcky finish with the next two years?

I am happy with absolutely everything...except the end of season game. I don't understand how the Gophers don't finish up with either Iowa or Wisconsin. I figured with Wisconsin in the other division we'd end the year with them for sure.

Penn State.

Penn State

And IOwa gets Nebraska....farmagedden

Agree on the final game, it should be Wisconsin. It should NEVER have been changed in the first place. The bigger issue I see for the Gophers is that if the present set-up holds, we play Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska all at home or all on the road. I know some will say that Michigan will be our away year rival, but the truth is that Michigan sees us as a distant rival LBJ be damned. The see tOSU, MSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Iowa and Notre Dame as far bigger rivals. Hopefully, they will be able to get us on a schedule that gives us either Iowa or Wisconsin at home every year.

Vinko...

Do NOT take the 2011 and 2012 schedules as the way things will be ad infinatum. This is just the start, to get this grand experiment off the ground. The conference likely will go to a nine-game schedule in 2015 and things will change dramatically.

Agree on the final game, it should be Wisconsin. It should NEVER have been changed in the first place. The bigger issue I see for the Gophers is that if the present set-up holds, we play Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska all at home or all on the road. I know some will say that Michigan will be our away year rival, but the truth is that Michigan sees us as a distant rival LBJ be damned. They see tOSU, MSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Iowa and Notre Dame as far bigger rivals. Hopefully, they will be able to get us on a schedule that gives us either Iowa or Wisconsin at home every year.

All that is probably true but after Michigan has their 10-12th straight year of under.500 ball in the Big Ten maybe those other schools won't be considering them such a rival either.

Not a big deal to me. Our end of the year game was always overshadowed by Ohio St and Michigan anyways. I hope this gives more exposure to the Axe, Pig, and Jug games!!! Also, I want our rivalry games played at night!!!!!!!! Can't happen last game of the season.

Top Bottom