Did I actually hear this?

Doc1001

Reaction score
Unless it was a dream or something I thought i heard either Shaver or Dalton or someone on one of the sunday night programs saying there is a running back in Minnesota that is reminding them of (gulp) Adrian Peterson. They said believe it or not. I thought it was LaMonte Edwards. Did anyone else here this? If not him which HS running back was it? I know I am not taking this seriously but I know I heard the comparison.

You may have heard Randy Shaver say "MarQueis Gray is too slow to play quarterback," but I'm unaware of the AP comparrison that was made.

On Rosen's Sports Sunday Justin Conzemius said that people compare Lamonte Edwards to Adrian Peterson.

The player Shaver was referring to was John Crockett, the RB from Totino-Grace. Crockett has more than 2000 yards rushing and receiving and has 36 TD's going into the Prep Bowl this weekend at the Metrodome. Brewster should be recruiting Crockett because this player can run.

Evan Williams was offered a scholly by Brewster before his injury and hopefully he signs with the Gophers too....

Personally, I stopped listening to Shaver long ago. Having said that, considering that Shaver thinks Gray is "too slow" to play QB :)confused::confused:), it wouldn't surprise me at all if he said something along these lines. It would be just another preposterous statement from a media member in the Twin Cities.

The player Shaver was referring to was John Crockett, the RB from Totino-Grace. Crockett has more than 2000 yards rushing and receiving and has 36 TD's going into the Prep Bowl this weekend at the Metrodome. Brewster should be recruiting Crockett because this player can run.

Evan Williams was offered a scholly by Brewster before his injury and hopefully he signs with the Gophers too....

What year is he?

Apparently we are interested, according to this scout article from last August. I am not a scout member, so I was not able to read the story.

Totino's John Crockett Gets Recruiting Looks

John Crockett gets recruiting looks
By Chris Monter

Date: Aug 18, 2009

John Crockett, a 6-foot, 162-pound running back from Totino-Grace, is one of the state's top three-sport athletes. Crockett is a standout in football, basketball and track. He is receiving recruiting interest from Minnesota and his two best friends have already received scholarship offers from the Gophers. GoldenSports.Net recently caught up with Crockett to learn the latest on his recruitment.

6' 162 is a little long for the Big Ten as a RB isn't it. Seems a little thin for the height as a RB. Wrong frame maybe?? I don't know, just seems odd.

6' 162 is a little long for the Big Ten as a RB isn't it. Seems a little thin for the height as a RB. Wrong frame maybe?? I don't know, just seems odd.

I don't think it would be a problem for him to put on weight. He's a 3-sport athlete, meaning he's very active all year long. Give him a redshirt year, I bet he puts on 25+ pounds easily.

I saw two Totino games this year. They dominated their opponent, but it was due to their overall team talent level being much higher across the board. Crockett looked better than Pride, but they didnt throw very much and didnt need to. It also is easy to run when you are 3+ yards past the line before the defense has a chance to touch you.

Totino has gotten fat off recruiting better athletes for years and then beating up on the public schools in their conference. This is sour grapes talking, but i still think it is BS.

Top Bottom