** Did Anyone Notice **

Berget13

Reaction score
Sorry kind of long but a great pregame story with a gopher great

Hey guys, did any one notice the light pole that was hit and broke on University? Well my father and I missed our turn so we went down to the next street (end of Uni by stadium) and a ceatering van was on the sidewalk, he got in his van and started to reverse, he hit the light pole which made it fall over just like a timber. My dad then got out to pick up the glass underneath the tires, I watch and I see Tubby Smith get out of the cream white cadolac right in front of us, so i yelled to my dad out the wind "Dad! Its Tubby" so then I proceed to get out and help tubby and my father pick up the glass. It was awesome. My dad then asked TS- "whatcha think Tubby?" And he said "accidents happen" haha so then Tubby gets back in his car and drives off. My dad and I go back and take our car to our ramp, come back and we tell the police we were there and they were dumbfounded that Tubby actually helped pick stuff up. All in all it was a great day and good to see the Gophers on top!! Sorry kinda long and thanks for reading!

Thank you for sharing. Both your Dad and Tubby are great guys!

It was pretty sweet! My dads picking up glass, I look up im like oh $$$$! Thats Tubby, so i got out and helped pick stuff up. I wish I would have had my cell phone in my pocket so l'could have snapped a photo.

seriously, what is with idiot truck drivers in this town and backing into light poles around the new stadium. this is what the second time this has happened in a couple weeks (the first instance was during the tribal nations plaza dedication right in front of the stadium). who are these fools that are hired to drive these rigs?! think they need to take their road test again. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing. We just missed the accident and I thought it looked like the van was guilty. We were wondering what actually happened.

Top Bottom