Did anyone notice...

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Someone brought to my attention after the game that the Gopher athletic department barn loft was full of badger red tonight. I didn't notice it during the game, but if true, thanks again Badger Joel.

I hope he was looking at the wrong box. Did you see much red elsewhere in the stands? On TV it looked solid gold.

There was not that much red in the stands. It's to be expected that as long as Wisconsin is good and Sconnies keep moving here still supporting Bucky that there will be more than there should be because it's the only game they attend all year and will pay a premium for them. Actually the most red I saw was in the suites. If we can get football to follow this trend that would be great.

I unfortunately was stuck in the middle of a bunch of sconnie homers. I seriously think my iq went down about 20 points being next to them, good god. They were either drunk or dumb as hell (most likely both) because they didn't even know their players names, because last time I checked Wisconsin didn't have any players named clayton nankavitz or Jason tucker, and they even tried to tell me that jon leuer was from a suburb just outside of Madison and grew up a badger fan his whole life. On top of that there were 3 wisky students behind me that talked about getting smashed all game long and how they were going to rip that bong up tonight. I came away from the game officially hating Wisconsin fans and they are almost on the verge of passing up the f'ing hogeye fans that are butt buddies with kirk ferentz.

Anyway, Go Gophers and beat Michigan Baby!!!!!

I noticed 2 Gopher fans sitting in the first row behind the Badger Bench. Now that takes guts!!

Posted in another thread, but there were also kids from Gopher sports marketing in the student section (110) saving seats before the rest of the students were allowed in. They were prime seats, about six rows up. As it turns out, these kids were saving the seats for BADGER FANS. They work for the f_cking U of M, and they're asking kids like me, who just waited 2 1/2 hours in the lobby to get in and get a good seat, to move back so their fat f_cking friend in red can have a great spot.

The real moment of truth was when the Gopher sports marketing kid told me to chill out because I was b_tching at him about saving a spot for a Badger fan. He went on to say "Hey, we're cheering for the same team." Clearly we're not. The students around him had waited hours to see their favorite team. He used his position to sneak in rival fans to the seats others had waited for.

Posted in another thread, but there were also kids from Gopher sports marketing in the student section (110) saving seats before the rest of the students were allowed in. They were prime seats, about six rows up. As it turns out, these kids were saving the seats for BADGER FANS. They work for the f_cking U of M, and they're asking kids like me, who just waited 2 1/2 hours in the lobby to get in and get a good seat, to move back so their fat f_cking friend in red can have a great spot.

The real moment of truth was when the Gopher sports marketing kid told me to chill out because I was b_tching at him about saving a spot for a Badger fan. He went on to say "Hey, we're cheering for the same team." Clearly we're not. The students around him had waited hours to see their favorite team. He used his position to sneak in rival fans to the seats others had waited for.

They do that all the time, unfortunately. This year at the second Fadger hockey game of the season the kid who rides the zamboner at Mariucci saved three seats in the FRONT ROW of the student section for his ugly, fat a$$ Fadger friends. People who do that should be fired. What kind of fans are they? My grade of GSM: D+

PLG and Gortons, WTF? Saving seats so Badgers goons can roll in later is NOT acceptable. Walk down to the marketing dpt. today and talk to the guy in charge about it. Get the names of the kids who did it. If the guy in charge is a moron and won't stop it, go over his head and hell, talk to Tubby or something! Call Sid during his radio show or during Tubby's radio show and rat this turd department out on the air, my boys!

Dinkytowner - I'm so glad you share my outrage. GL can vouch that I was livid when it all went down the way it did. An email has already been sent to the marketing dept. If the response is not to my liking, other emails and calls will follow.

Justice must be served!!

Dinkytowner - I'm so glad you share my outrage. GL can vouch that I was livid when it all went down the way it did. An email has already been sent to the marketing dept. If the response is not to my liking, other emails and calls will follow. Justice must be served!!

Dude, you really need to go down their yourself and talk to the guy in charge, not just the "manager on duty" > try the HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT. If he sucks, go to his boss. Hell, Brewster would prob be the first one to call these clowns out! Yes, go talk to BREWSTER!!!

If these kids are using their positions for this behavior, they should be disciplined for it. You'll probably get some email back saying "we'll look into it" or "it won't happen again next year" That's BS, and it will happen again next year.

Dude, you really need to go down their yourself and talk to the guy in charge, not just the "manager on duty" > try the HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT. If he sucks, go to his boss. Hell, Brewster would prob be the first one to call these clowns out! Yes, go talk to BREWSTER!!!

If these kids are using their positions for this behavior, they should be disciplined for it. You'll probably get some email back saying "we'll look into it" or "it won't happen again next year" That's BS, and it will happen again next year.

I must agree with Dinkytowner. I would be interested in what response you get so let us know. That is really bad.

I would be interested in what response you get so let us know.

I'll give credit on this one. I emailed Amanda Hoehn with the marketing department, and she came back with a prompt and well-thought response that went far beyond the typical and generic "we'll look into it." It sounds as if the matter will be resolved internally, and for once, I was very satisfied with a response to a complaint to a giant, faceless organization.

Top Bottom