Dickie V's first trip to the barn ?

Reaction score
@DickieV - Looking forward to my visit to the BARN - love the toughness of this gopher team - A fab matchup with UM!

Remind him that he was here on January 8th, 1974.

that tweet says nothing of this being his first time here. he's been here as a coach of detroit, he's been here for a number of big ten games through the years. it's been a while, but he's been here.

I remember him doing a Willi Burton game back in 1989/90 time frame. I'm sure he did a game or two there back in the 97 season. But not many trips to Minneapolis for Dickie V.

I remember him doing a Willi Burton game back in 1989/90 time frame. I'm sure he did a game or two there back in the 97 season. But not many trips to Minneapolis for Dickie V.

Dickie V and Brad Nessler basically followed the Gophers through a couple of NIT runs in the 90s. So, he's definitely been here before. Although one of those NIT runs went through the Met Center.

that tweet says nothing of this being his first time here. he's been here as a coach of detroit, he's been here for a number of big ten games through the years. it's been a while, but he's been here.

I remember him being here for a Gopher/Badger game in 1988, which looking back is odd because both teams stunk.

Odd that it's been so long. There are usually about 3 direct flights from RDU every weekday, and that's just on Delta.

So we're saying Gopher basketball goes back more than ten years?

I know it doesn't say nothing about being his first trip I'm young and havent followed gopher basketball as long as some of you and was kind of just curious if he had been here before.

3 minutes into his interview on 1500 and still no mention of Duke-- personal Dick Vitale record

He just mentioned that he cannot remember doing a game at the barn. He said, maybe during the Clem years.. but sounded excited (shocking) to see the fans and the barn.

He didn't mention Duke, but he asked about Sid and his typewriter.

Vitale made a point to mention that when he coached Detroit, they beat the Gophers at Williams Arena on a buzzer beater, adding that he wanted to call a timeout in the final seconds, but couldn't get onto the raised floor in time for anyone to see or hear him. He was glad given how things turned out.

Vitale made a point to mention that when he coached Detroit, they beat the Gophers at Williams Arena on a buzzer beater, adding that he wanted to call a timeout in the final seconds, but couldn't get onto the raised floor in time for anyone to see or hear him. He was glad given how things turned out.

How could anyone have not heard him, BaaaaBeeee.

Dickie V doing the Big Ten huh, Did he loose a bet?

Would his head burst into flames if he couldn't mention Duke for the entire game?

Big Monday on ESPN through the 1990-91 season had the Big 10 as the 2nd game. The league opted out of that deal because with games starting at the bottom of the hour then the Big 10 game would not start until 8:30 PM if at a Central Time Zone School(MN,WI,IL,NW,IA,) or 9:30 PM if at an Eastern Time Zone School(MI,MSU,IN,PUR,OSU). Penn St joined the league when the Big 10 was the 1st game on Super Tuesday which was a 6PM CT start or 7 PM ET start

I hope ESPN breaks from their coverge of the Manti Te'o Hoax story to show the Wolverine/Gopher game.

Yeah, he mentions Duke a lot. But of all the games I've watched this year when Vitale has been commentating, he has mentioned Minnesota at least once.

Hey at least Billy Packer wasn't doing the game......That guy's a creep. Like Digger on steroids.

Dickie did a fine job tonight. And yes, he did mention Duke.

Top Bottom