Dick Jankowski

DLguy

Reaction score
First I want to start out by saying he is a really nice guy. That being said, I just dont like him as our announcer. I was wondering if anyone else noticed how when we are shooting free throws, he will still be talking when our player has the ball and is going thru their routine. That would bug the sheet out of me if I was trying to shoot. How is he not better at knowing when to talk and when not to?

I don't see why its a big deal. Other people talk in the arena during free throws and its his job to talk to the crowd...no one has ever complained about it before.

He has been around for years now. He is doing a fine job. Why would anyone care.

He has been around for years now. He does a below average job. Some people do care.

He isn't good at all. Jamie is much better at football and hockey games.

We went 14-15 from the line tonight. Whatever Dick is doing, let's hope he keeps it up!

Dick Jankowski. Gopher announcer and a voice out of my past, meaning more than 25 years ago. He was an announcer for a "local" radio station then (perhaps still is) and we had him in for an entire Saturday to do remote broadcasts during a special promotion. I still laugh occasionally when remembering his "chew by chew" call of the varsity BB team's pizza eating contest. I also remember his passion for the home team, which could have been any of our area high schools. Seems to me he was doing play by play at the state BB tournament one year, didn't like an official's call and winged his hat across the court in disgust. Quite a character and Dick, if you follow this site and what I've written has sparked a memory or two, well good. It's been a long time since Shakopee Rotary and C of C.

Top Bottom