Devon W

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this. Did we ever find out what happened with Devon Wright? Is he hurt? Thanks in advance.

NCAA Issues, cannot practice.

Effin' NCAA said something about his chili being too dadgum hot! WTF?

Well where there is smoke.... surprise: fire.

So how long until Devon Wright is quietly announced to no longer be with the team? It is interesting how elusive Brewster has been in addressing this and down right combative when questioned. I must say that I don't really like that our coach more or less lied to the media regarding this issue.
Sadly loosing our highest recruited/most talented running back prospect seems to be an annual tradition of late. No doubt this has frustrated Brewster, but I don't think claiming there was nothing wrong all summer regarding Wright when it was probably known for a long time that there were some issues is not alleviating this public image as a bullsh*ter.

Marcus Fuller was the one hounding Coach Brewster about Devon Wright, and he added this to a recent column.

"Briefly: Brewster said Wednesday that freshman running back Devon Wright was dealing with an NCAA compliance issue and wouldn't be allowed to practice until the matter is settled. Wright is still with the team and attending school."

is this similar to what Gray went through?

With Bennet apparently healthy, Kirkland looking like the real deal, and Eskridge backing them up, I'm not too worried about Devon right now.

So how long until Devon Wright is quietly announced to no longer be with the team? It is interesting how elusive Brewster has been in addressing this and down right combative when questioned. I must say that I don't really like that our coach more or less lied to the media regarding this issue.
Sadly loosing our highest recruited/most talented running back prospect seems to be an annual tradition of late. No doubt this has frustrated Brewster, but I don't think claiming there was nothing wrong all summer regarding Wright when it was probably known for a long time that there were some issues is not alleviating this public image as a bullsh*ter.

I did not like it either but I will give Brew the benefit of the doubt. He was most likely in the process of dealing with the issue with the NCAA and felt it was best to not comment. If he said 'no comment' then he would have hounded to death by the press until they got their answer.

Top Bottom