Devoe

burtonfan

Reaction score
Back to the same old devoe...terrible defense, turnovers, and terrible jumpers.

end of half

Let's not forget his shot with 6 seconds to go, shot a little early. How can he shoot an airball on a relatively easy shot like that?

You simply can't play worse as a point guard. Thanks a lot Al.

Devoe a Mystery

Devoe just kind of floats up and down the court like he is playing a pickup game with his friends at the Y. This team needs a leader/captain who holds people accountable for the way they are playing. There is no extension of the coaching staff on the floor. With all that is a stake in this game, how could you play with this little intensity? Amazing.

Leadership

"Devoe just kind of floats up and down the court like he is playing a pickup game with his friends at the Y. This team needs a leader/captain who holds people accountable for the way they are playing. There is no extension of the coaching staff on the floor. With all that is a stake in this game, how could you play with this little intensity? Amazing. "

Leadership starts with coaching staff. The leader/captain does not have the authority to take players out of the game. How can the team captains hold a player accountable?

Devoe just kind of floats up and down the court like he is playing a pickup game with his friends at the Y. This team needs a leader/captain who holds people accountable for the way they are playing. There is no extension of the coaching staff on the floor. With all that is a stake in this game, how could you play with this little intensity? Amazing.

I don't think this is true...I think Devoe gets hammered for playing out of control...so while staying in control he loses intensity. He is playing out of position in the Big Ten so give the guy a break.

Having said this...I would love to see Devoe get his reigns taken back off...I always thought he brought more to the team by forcing the ball in transition.

This team will never put it all together with all the missing peices....No White, No Mbakwe and No Nolan...tough to make anything happen consistently.

The NIT could be good for this team in the long run...especially if we can put together 2-3 wins and get to MSG. (Do they still play the final four in MSG?)

Not True

"Devoe just kind of floats up and down the court like he is playing a pickup game with his friends at the Y. This team needs a leader/captain who holds people accountable for the way they are playing. There is no extension of the coaching staff on the floor. With all that is a stake in this game, how could you play with this little intensity? Amazing. "

Leadership starts with coaching staff. The leader/captain does not have the authority to take players out of the game. How can the team captains hold a player accountable?

Have you played college athletics? If you had, you would know that any coach wants to have leaders on the team who hold each other accountable. That kind of dynamic is there for almost all great teams, the team keeping themselves accountable. Name the successful coach in D1 basketball and they all want that dynamic working on their team and they highly encourage it. When the Gophers had their "team meeting" earlier this year without the coaches, that was encouraged by Tubby. Tubby does need his "coach on the court". Make no mistake about that.

You simply can't play worse as a point guard. Thanks a lot Al.

Apparently you can play worse or else Tubby would have put Cobbs in the game more then 6 minutes. Once again Devoe was awful, but Tubby has no faith in Cobbs, thats a bad sign.

Apparently you can play worse or else Tubby would have put Cobbs in the game more then 6 minutes. Once again Devoe was awful, but Tubby has no faith in Cobbs, thats a bad sign.

I don't have much faith in Cobbs as well. We must have Al back next season.

I hope Al has done some serious soul searching. This program needs him next season. He's clearly been missed the second half of the season. Gophs just aren't the same defensive team without him.

(No, I don't think Cory Joseph is coming here, but even if he does, we still need Al.)

I hope Al has done some serious soul searching. This program needs him next season. He's clearly been missed the second half of the season. Gophs just aren't the same defensive team without him.

(No, I don't think Cory Joseph is coming here, but even if he does, we still need Al.)

I hope we are actively recruiting some top PG's from the 2011 class, in case we don't get Cory. But I haven't heard any names???

I think Devoe is going to have to get used to handling the ball...and he needs to develop a better overall floor game and relish the PG spot. He's not tall enough, strong enough, and doesn't shoot well enough to be an All-Big 10 SG.

Top Bottom