Devoe looking good

Go Gophs

Reaction score
I think this year with Nolen being out, Devoe has really stepped up his play. The guy is a good scorer and this experience running the one will only help him in the future. A good point guard(not someone like Nolen) and this guy is one of the best guards in the BigTen next year IMO.

Lets hear it for him. I am hoping he plays big again tonight and controls the ball towards the end of the game if we are right there. Ralph seems to have progressed quite a bit also. By next year both of these guys could be the type of players we were expecting when they were recruited.:clap:

Devoe looks so good some games and then kind of out of it in others. If the Gophers are going to be ranked next year, it will be because of Devoe. He has potential to be first team All Big Ten

Yep, you are right. This year is his first year though to garner alot of playing time. Granted he saw time as a freshman, but this year he has taken over the one. He will only get better. Guy can make his own shot at times and when hot can really carry a team. Just love him as a 2 guard, he is about perfect for it and all of the ball handling and running of the offense he is doing this year is great for his development.

Once that jumper started falling more consistently, his confidence has grown. I like seeing him go to that step back midrange J, I think it's a shot he can get at quite frequently and if he can hit it with consistency, that could be huge for his game.

Devoe looks so good some games and then kind of out of it in others

I don't think he has looked out of it of late. When Nolen got the boot, Devoe had a nice first game against MSU. He certainly looked a bit lost in the following few games as he was getting used to running the point. However, he has improved a lot of late. I think his shooting % will continue to rise as his comfort level increases.

I think Devoe is our leading scorer next year, point or no point.

The best thing about Devoe is when the shot clock is winding down, you can be confident he will get a shot off and there is a legitimate chance he will be able to make it. You could not say either about Nolen, and while he helped the team in other ways, his offense was such a huge liability, it killed us. I really like this team right now. That Michigan game really clouds how well they've played for the past few weeks. I don't know why it happened, but outside of that game, they have passed the dreaded "eye test" ever since the Wisconsin game.

Top Bottom