Despite the football teams woes....

gold04

Reaction score
look on the bright side. Is there any bright side?

We won a game. Might just win another this season.

And in two months, the big reset button will be pushed, and we will have a new coach. Then we switch to hope mode. That's a much, much better mode to be in.

We get to tailgate on campus and go into our own stadium, outdoors.

Call me crazy, call me an idiot, call me a jackass or a fool, but I'm really starting to think we can give Sconnie a hell of a game this weekend, and maybe, maybe, possibly even beat them. :)

I have no idea why I'm feeling that way, as I realize such a line of thought is highly illogical and such an outcome highly unlikely, but that's the way I'm feeling so I'm just gonna roll with that.

It is strange, because we will be in 'hope' mode when the new coach is announced. Until then, we have to struggle through these games. How often do you look as much or more forward to the off season as you do for the all-too-brief college football season? Just think... there will be a bazillion threads speculating on who the new coach will be, followed by 4 bazillion threads of excitement or bitching about who that new coach is, after he is announced. And this will be followed by another bazillion threads about his every movement leading up to the 2011 season. That isn't even considering the 2 bazillion threads about how much everyone has improved, how good so and so looked in the spring game, how the next season is different, etc. etc. etc. - all of which we'd be getting even if Brewster was still the coach.

The bright side is we have 7 games left to play this year, 5 of which I will attend in person. Life is too short and the season comes and goes too fast for me to give up on a season and look forward to the offseason. The reality may be that we don't win too many more games and that we hire a new coach but that will not stop me from cheering on my team. I look forward to the season too much just to give up because we didn't win games we could/should have.

I'll be there this weekend ready to celebrate our first win in Madison since...1994(?)

I'll be there this weekend ready to celebrate our first win in Madison since...1994(?)

Yes 1994. I'll be there in spirit. After we dominate Bucky and steal back the slab (see slab posts and other completely delusional posts re: Gopher win this weekend) I will be headed to Purdue next weekend for a real clash of titans. Anybody else been to Ross-Ade lately? Boiler up!

Every week is a new game and a chance to win. Forget about the past and focus on the current game. I think they have a legitimate chance to beat the Badgers, going to take a great game by the D-line and Linebackers but there is always that chance.

The team appears to still be playing hard for the coaches.

It's kind of like the old joke:

Doctor: I have good news and bad news.
Patient: Give me the bad news first.
Doctor: You have cancer and only 1 month to live.
Patient: Wow...well, what's the good news?
Doctor: Did you see the receptionist when you came in here? Tall, beautiful brunette?
Patient: Yes
Doctor: I'm banging her.

Every week is a new game and a chance to win. Forget about the past and focus on the current game. I think they have a legitimate chance to beat the Badgers, going to take a great game by the D-line and Linebackers but there is always that chance.

Oh... I was with you right up until then. :cry:

We could have watched the last four games/debacles in the inflatible toilet.

Barring a significant turnaround, if Brewster isn't replaced, there will not be offseason hope, but offseason dispair and apathy. My guess is that if there is a new coach, there will be a good crowd at the Spring Game, but if Brewster is still there, the Spring Game will be poorly attended.

The administration would have to really, really believe that this next season Brewster can turn it around to bring him back for another year, there would be a lot of apathy from the general public to overcome.

It's kind of like the old joke:

Doctor: I have good news and bad news.
Patient: Give me the bad news first.
Doctor: You have cancer and only 1 month to live.
Patient: Wow...well, what's the good news?
Doctor: Did you see the receptionist when you came in here? Tall, beautiful brunette?
Patient: Yes
Doctor: I'm banging her.

Cindy Crawford is a receptionist now?

Wondered what happened to her.

The bright side is that if Michigan State beats Michigan and somebody beats Northwestern at some point this year.....our destiny is in our own hands.

Look on the bright side that Tony Dungy will be our next head coach!

Oh... I was with you right up until then. :cry:

I am a realist, there is always an if, and that is a big if. But I have hope. I think the potential is there, it just has to come together, it could be against Wisconsin.

I am a realist, there is always an if, and that is a big if. But I have hope. I think the potential is there, it just has to come together, it could be against Wisconsin.

I don't see a game against Wisconsin as the spot where the LBs and D-line to get their act together.

a win?

a win isn't likely, but at least the home crowd won't be booing the Gophs and that might fire them up enough not to be totalled by Bucky. Maybe.

Top Bottom