Describe the Gophers Quick Lane Bowl win in 1 sentence

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Darius Taylor was the man, Cole did what was asked, 3x champ, 7 in a row.

Let’s be negative even though we could be positive or even neutral

With a losing season record (6-7) we barely defeated a mid-major D1 team from the MAC at the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit, MI on Dec 26th by 6 points.

Worth every one of the the 3,000,000 pennies

Workmanlike effort without any glitter.

This. I really want to go back and visit for a ballgame in the summer. Downtown Detroit was much cooler than I thought.

It’s a great area. Spent a couple days there with friends from Ann Arbor before the gophers got rolled at the big house. Really enjoyed Detroit.

It seems like it should be easier to defend because you know a run is coming, but it was like a guaranteed 5+ yards every time.
I assume that like Mo, Taylor is often allowed to read how things are going and pick his hole / make his decisions, and our OL was providing solid blocking on the DL.

That leaves the linebackers, and even a safety to make their call.

In that it's kinda a bitch for the linebackers who maybe even read the play right and know what hole the play SHOULD go to but ... if you commit you're tangled up in the maw going on at the line and Taylor just picks the hole you didn't go to then you're out of the play.

So then maybe as an LB you wait, but then you're making your play 5 yards after the line of scrimmage...

With a losing season record (6-7) we barely defeated a mid-major D1 team from the MAC at the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit, MI on Dec 26th by 6 points.
Nice of you to take a break from kicking your dog to offer these words.

Top Bottom