Depth Chart

Is that official or Rivals take? Looks like Lewis & Manual are starting at the Safety position?

Is that official or Rivals take? Looks like Lewis & Manual are starting at the Safety position?

Official???

No team I know of publishes a depth chart. It is always just some writer's opinion.

You can always guess as the season progresses, but most coaches keep that info pretty close to the vest.

Official???

No team I know of publishes a depth chart. It is always just some writer's opinion.

You can always guess as the season progresses, but most coaches keep that info pretty close to the vest.

It seems this article disagrees with you.
Rittenberg said:
Welcome to National Depth Chart Day. No day on the college football calendar inspires more curiosity about depth charts than the Monday before the season, when most teams release their Week 1 two-deeps.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/15091/personnel-notes-from-around-big-ten

According to the PP it will be released at the 2pm presser today.

Nice. I'm very interested to see the two deep on the defensive side of the ball.

Two more days.

:clap:

QB Weber
RB Bennett
FB Hoese
WR McKnight
WR Stoudemire
LT Olson
LG Bunders
C Burris
RG Carufel
RT Wills
TE Lair

DE Wilhite
DT Edwards
DT Kirksey
DE Garin
MLB Tinsley
LB Cooper
LB Rallis
CB Collado
S Lewis
S Manuel
CB Carter

QB Weber
RB Bennett
FB Hoese
WR McKnight
WR Stoudemire
LT Olson
LG Bunders
C Burris
RG Carufel
RT Wills
TE Lair

DE Wilhite
DT Edwards
DT Kirksey
DE Garin
MLB Tinsley
LB Cooper
LB Rallis
CB Collado
S Lewis
S Manuel
CB Carter

My wallet left me a message:
crying_baby.jpg

QB Weber
RB Bennett
FB Hoese
WR McKnight
WR Stoudemire
LT Olson
LG Bunders
C Burris
RG Carufel
RT Wills
TE Lair

DE Wilhite
DT Edwards
DT Kirksey
DE Garin[b/]
MLB Tinsley
LB Cooper
LB Rallis
CB Collado
S Lewis
S Manuel
CB Carter

Um, excuse me?

HighwayMan,

Every team publishes a two-deep in their game notes that are distributed to the media early in the week.

Sometimes it changes because of what happens in practice (somebody passing somebody, somebody getting hurt, somebody doing something stupid), but those two-deeps are usually quite accurate.

Were the 2 deeps released also or just the starters? Garin starting is the only shocker I see.

Garin Starting

After not hearing much about him this fall it seems odd that he's starting. Was he injured most of camp or just trying to match speed on speed?

Obviously Garin earned it, it's not like he has experience over either of the other guys. Just cause a guy isn't hyped don't mean he isn't producing. It's not like there's been a lot of inquiries about him.

Like a mystery you can trace back through the coach speak and realize that OP had some work to do to prove he was a starter. Apparently he isn't there yet.

It could be a matchup thing also given the quickness and size of MTSU's tackles.

Surprised by Garin being the starter. I also caught the coach-speak about OPrime that said he needed some work. I wonder if this is one of those deals where OPrime will get the majority of snaps but coach is looking to motivate him and send a message by starting someone else?

Either way...go get em Matt Garin!

Well, they talk of Garin being the technically stronger DE of the young guys (Prime and KGM mainly), so he's probably earned trust there, probably more consistent about his business. I'm sure we'll see plenty of all of them anyway, especially with the warmth down there, they'll be rotating pretty frequently I'm guessing.

Well, they talk of Garin being the technically stronger DE of the young guys (Prime and KGM mainly), so he's probably earned trust there, probably more consistent about his business. I'm sure we'll see plenty of all of them anyway, especially with the warmth down there, they'll be rotating pretty frequently I'm guessing.

I agree. Who starts doesn't automatically mean that person will play the most.

I haven't heard...is it supposed to be warm down there?

With Alford out I wonder if Michel is going to see a lot of time Thursday?

Also, any word on how Cotton has looked at FB? Any indication on how many carries Kirkwood might see?

With Alford out I wonder if Michel is going to see a lot of time Thursday?

Also, any word on how Cotton has looked at FB? Any indication on how many carries Kirkwood might see?

I read somewhere (probably MV's blog, but not sure) that Cotton was probably not ready for prime time, so expect to see a lot of duel TE sets, using one in motion, etc to pick up that part of the playbook. I also ready that they expect DK to have between 10 - 12 carries on Thursday.

Top Bottom