depth chart for gophers at csu

Go4

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Travis starting at safety, like to see that. Also, Campion still not the 100% starter means (to me) he's a game time decision.

It will be interesting to see what Jeff Jones & Shannon Brooks will do. Which wide receivers & TEs will have break out games?

Travis starting at safety, like to see that. Also, Campion still not the 100% starter means (to me) he's a game time decision.

I kind of see it as opposite. Travis is listed as questionable, I don't think it's a guarantee he plays. On the other hand, Campion has been practicing since Monday and isn't listed on the injury report. I think he plays, they might just rotate him with Bush to ease him back in. It's hard to tell with these depth charts, the coaches don't necessarily want to disclose everything on them.

Did Brooks play in the TCU game at all? Is his red shirt burned already? I don't understand with Kill as high on Smith as he is why you would burn that Shirt and set them up to overlap all four years.

Did Brooks play in the TCU game at all? Is his red shirt burned already? I don't understand with Kill as high on Smith as he is why you would burn that Shirt and set them up to overlap all four years.

Brooks didn't play vs. TCU. But I would suspect he'll play if Kill thinks he can help win games this year. No reason to sit him on the bench if he's good enough to make plays now, as RB is a position where we will rotate guys, and Rodrick/Berkley may not be the duo to spell Rodney.

Brooks didn't play vs. TCU. But I would suspect he'll play if Kill thinks he can help win games this year. No reason to sit him on the bench if he's good enough to make plays now, as RB is a position where we will rotate guys, and Rodrick/Berkley may not be the duo to spell Rodney.

I agree with all of that. Also, I'm not bailing on Nugget quite yet. I have been a big fan leading in to this year. I will admit that after game 1 I am wondering if he is just more effective as a change of pace guy, but a)that is OK, and b)it was just 1 game.

He has to play. You can't have two guys with experience and only one next year. How many truly good RB's redshirt?

I agree with all of that. Also, I'm not bailing on Nugget quite yet. I have been a big fan leading in to this year. I will admit that after game 1 I am wondering if he is just more effective as a change of pace guy, but a)that is OK, and b)it was just 1 game.

It would be easy to chuck him to the side based on what he's done so far (not a lot), the mistake he made, and general unimpressive first game performance. I'd like to see him again, but maybe after we see some other guys get a few chances too. I'm trying to keep in mind the fumble Cobb made against Illinois last year and the fact that Kill never wavered on him. But Cobb had already done a lot to earn some slack at that point.

I'm not really worried about players redshirting (other than OL and maybe QB). I like to think we're at a point now where we will be bringing in players just as talented or even more talented in the near future.

I agree with Spoofin. I am not ready to give up on him, but no doubt the staff was really pissed about the fumble and they should have been. Roderick is a greal kid, but he needs to be reliable if he is going to be the starter.
Brooks is the guy who has the best chance of being the next Cobb. Good cut, better speed than Cobb and more size potential than Smith.
I like Smith, but I don't think he gets a lot bigger, does not mean he can't be great, but it is a long season.

I agree with Spoofin. I am not ready to give up on him, but no doubt the staff was really passed about the fumble and they should have been. Roderick is a g

Our line is a bit banged up and overrated in my opinion. We need backs that can make someone miss like Cobb and Smith. Williams has a role, but I think it will diminish as time goes on.

Having a bigger back like Williams can be valuable later in games when the defense is a little tired in my opinion. He may not be the 20-25 carry a game guy like Cobb was, but he'll still be a big contributor.

It would be too quick to give up on Rodrick already but with Kill giving hints this week that Brooks will get a shot soon I do think part of that was Coach trying to motivate Williams a little.

Redshirting 3 Rb's in one class seems like overkill to me. I wouldn't worry about Brooks playing this year.

It is a long season ahead. The time is now to get the ducks in a row at RB. My take is we will need Rodrick Williams, Rodney Smith, and Shannon Brooks. We need experience at RB with multiple guys as a run first team.

Kill is not afraid to play the best field ready player even talented true Freshmen if it means the difference between winning and losing critical games.

The time is NOW not next year.

You can be sure Kill lit a fire under the bellies of the players after the TCU game.

He is a great motivator. Rodrick will rebound although he may not be the feature back.

I expect to see all three backs get playing time against CSU.

Top Bottom