Denver Broncos make trade for Sean Payton

Will be interesting if he can work his QB magic with Wilson. Very similar skillset and playing style to Brees, but with more rushing.

AFC already absolutely stacked overall. West is probably somewhat gettable given issues w/ LV, and LAC. But KC looms. If Jets end up w/ AR, will be a Donnybrook. QBs, esp mobile ones, are vital. 🍿 🍿

Seems wild to trade picks for a coach. Then again.....the Broncos are currently a disaster.....so this tracks.
Other coaches who have had picks traded for them:

-Bill Parcells Patriots to Jets

-Bill Belichick Jets to Patriots

-Jon Gruden Raiders to Bucs

-Mike Holmgren Packers to Seahawks

-Herm Edwards Jets to Chiefs

I'd say only one of those was bad for the acquiring team (Herm.)

Will be interesting if he can work his QB magic with Wilson. Very similar skillset and playing style to Brees, but with more rushing.
Tom Brady broke the nfl

it wouldn’t be shocking if Wilson had 4-5 years of good football left. But once you’re past 10 it could leave you at any point.

Tom Brady broke the nfl

it wouldn’t be shocking if Wilson had 4-5 years of good football left. But once you’re past 10 it could leave you at any point.
His arm is fine and he can still run, though he's lost half a step. The issues seemed mostly mental/vision related.

His arm is fine and he can still run, though he's lost half a step. The issues seemed mostly mental/vision related.
Sometimes your mind goes as fast as your body.

I wouldn't trade a first round pick for Sean Payton.

Gotta throw that Walton money around. This year was probably the height of embarrassment for those folks. Can't stand for that. It may take them a while to figure out you can't just buy your way to a successful team in today's NFL (although the Rams almost kinda did that, and are paying for it now)

Nowhere near the tier of a QB like Brees, mentally or physically. He's soft, and not a leader, far from beloved by his teammates. Wilson has turned into a complete tool, way more ego than game at this point in his career.

disagree way different playing styles, brees master of reading defenses and throwing the ball on time short to intermediate. Russ was good at extending plays and his strength is the deep ball

Nowhere near the tier of a QB like Brees, mentally or physically. He's soft, and not a leader, far from beloved by his teammates. Wilson has turned into a complete tool, way more ego than game at this point in his career.
Hmm, I said similar skillset and playing style.

Other coaches who have had picks traded for them:

-Bill Parcells Patriots to Jets

-Bill Belichick Jets to Patriots

-Jon Gruden Raiders to Bucs

-Mike Holmgren Packers to Seahawks

-Herm Edwards Jets to Chiefs

I'd say only one of those was bad for the acquiring team (Herm.)
One interesting note, there has never been a Head Coach to WIN a Super Bowl with 2 franchises. Several have been there though with multiple teams and got at least 1 ring:

Don Shula - Colts > Dolphins
Dick Vermeil - Eagles > Rams
Bill Parcells - Giants > Patriots
Andy Reid - Eagles > Chiefs

disagree way different playing styles, brees master of reading defenses and throwing the ball on time short to intermediate. Russ was good at extending plays and his strength is the deep ball
Wilson's AVG yards per pass = 7.8, Brees 7.6. Wilson has a better TD/INT ratio.

That doesn't really mean they have the same style...that just means they have similar results. Brees was a pocket passer and Wilson is way more mobile. I would not say they are similar at all.

Whoops, meant to open the Gopher football forum.

abuelo-simpson.gif

That doesn't really mean they have the same style...that just means they have similar results. Brees was a pocket passer and Wilson is way more mobile. I would not say they are similar at all.
Both carved up the Gophers defense in their college days, so I guess that is similar.

Said similar styles not same. Agree to disagree on this one.

The Broncos are a dumpster fire, and will remain so until they eat Russ' nine-figure cap charge to get him out of there.

Yeah, you're right — my bad.

One question, though: Do you have to apply to become Official Board Moderator/Editor, or can you simply self-appoint?

One interesting note, there has never been a Head Coach to WIN a Super Bowl with 2 franchises. Several have been there though with multiple teams and got at least 1 ring:

Don Shula - Colts > Dolphins
Dick Vermeil - Eagles > Rams
Bill Parcells - Giants > Patriots
Andy Reid - Eagles > Chiefs
Parcells got Jets to a conference title game. He was 3-1 in title games. Won 2 Super Bowls but only got his teams to conference championship game 4 times in 19 seasons. NFL is hard.

Yeah, you're right — my bad.

One question, though: Do you have to apply to become Official Board Moderator/Editor, or can you simply self-appoint?
It's ok. You're not the only one. People think Bally Sports is relevant to Gopher Football too.

I can deal with it
But, now, if the news was the Sean Payton was going to coach the St. Thomas football team I would have lost my shit.
We can talk about their football team because we'd destroy them.

But their basketball team. . . oh boy.

average yards per completion means nothing, i dont see how these stats relate to playing style

average yards per completion means nothing, i dont see how these stats relate to playing style
Responding directly to this in your post: brees master of reading defenses and throwing the ball on time short to intermediate. Russ was good at extending plays and his strength is the deep ball Yards per completion tell me they are more similar in the length of passes than your quote.

Top Bottom