Dennis Evans moves to number 11 Nationally on Rivals

Likely game changer on defense. Really needs a nutritionist to beef him up with another 20lbs before need season.

How does Payne find minutes with him and Garcia? We now know Garcia is our best player, a sophomore (eligibility-wise), and needs to play center to cook offensively…
So what? Your questions is a problem that exists with or without Evans. The root of it is that, despite being our best offensive option by far, Garcia doesn’t have the strength to really bang with big ten centers and doesn’t have the quickness to consistently beat big ten 4s. Adding an elite rim protector doesn’t change or harm that fact, it just adds depth and more options.

And if Payne truly cannot find minutes, it’s because Evans and Garcia are too good to take off the court.

It has been known those two played together last year... Maybe it was the summer league or something, but henley and Evans are connected and are friends I'm not gunna.look but there are links on this forum proving that
Henley will transfer and Evans will decommitt

So what? Your questions is a problem that exists with or without Evans. The root of it is that, despite being our best offensive option by far, Garcia doesn’t have the strength to really bang with big ten centers and doesn’t have the quickness to consistently beat big ten 4s. Adding an elite rim protector doesn’t change or harm that fact, it just adds depth and more options.

And if Payne truly cannot find minutes, it’s because Evans and Garcia are too good to take off the court.
I honestly could see Garcia leaving this year if he puts up ~17 and 10 a game in the big10. He isn’t getting any younger in NBA or international eyes.

The heat and expectations for Coach Ben Johnson will be high. Top 25 votes.

It has been known those two played together last year... Maybe it was the summer league or something, but henley and Evans are connected and are friends I'm not gunna.look but there are links on this forum proving that
Same AAU program

It’ll look bad on BJ to keep him there if he wants out.
Sure. But I also dont think Evans is coming here just to play with Henley. Would be a dumb decision by him if it was his reason.

Sure. But I also dont think Evans is coming here just to play with Henley. Would be a dumb decision by him if it was his reason.
Why else would he come to Minnesota as a 5 star player? Playing with his friend/former teammate has to be a big part of it and if Henley is u happy enough to transfer I’m sure he’s relayed that to Evans.

Why else would he come to Minnesota as a 5 star player? Playing with his friend/former teammate has to be a big part of it and if Henley is u happy enough to transfer I’m sure he’s relayed that to Evans.
Henley is getting 18 minutes per game in the Big Ten and a chance to learn and grow as a frosh. Other than the losing I doubt that he is unhappy with that. My guess is that he totally understands the opportunity and that he has to get a lot better. I think he has the second biggest upside of the frosh behind Payne because of his size, solid quickness and handle.

If Henley played better, he'd be happier. That's kind of how it generally works.

Henley is getting 18 minutes per game in the Big Ten and a chance to learn and grow as a frosh. Other than the losing I doubt that he is unhappy with that. My guess is that he totally understands the opportunity and that he has to get a lot better. I think he has the second biggest upside of the frosh behind Payne because of his size, solid quickness and handle.
Henley seems to be on opposite ends of the spectrum with posters. Some, like you, think he has solid potential and others seem to think he isn’t qualified to be a D1 player. Personally, I think he looks quick for his size and can be a true defensive stopper eventually. Also we now have the “he’s going to transfer out” poster.

Henley seems to be on opposite ends of the spectrum with posters. Some, like you, think he has solid potential and others seem to think he isn’t qualified to be a D1 player. Personally, I think he looks quick for his size and can be a true defensive stopper eventually. Also we now have the “he’s going to transfer out” poster.
I myself am inconsistent in my opinion of him, but I think he’ll be a good “havoc” type player in a year or two. Right now he’s just not quite dependable enough.

"We" ?? You're a St. Thomas fan who slings mud constantly.
Calling his offensive game raw is slinging mud? You must have a problem with almost every thing in life if you consider that slinging mud.

His offense game has picked up. There is recent video of him scoring a few ways, including from at the top of the key. Plus he dominates around the rim.

Blocking a shot. Look at that wingspan!
View attachment 23184

Those long arms and athleticism in action for a SLAM dunk. He's not barely dunking here.
View attachment 23185

Like this other dunk where he careens the ball through the net and then hangs.
View attachment 23186

Like he hangs on this other one after slamming the ball through.
View attachment 23187

And there's video this season of him scoring at the top of the key and other spots.

You like that!
Thanks Kirk😉

Calling his offensive game raw is slinging mud? You must have a problem with almost every thing in life if you consider that slinging mud.
Me problems with life? I'm not the one going on other teams' boards and slinging mud at them.

Like saying it's "shocking" that Dennis Evans is rated #11 by Rivals (and #18 by 24/7). But it's not just that; it's everything.

Me problems with life? I'm not the one going on other teams' boards and slinging mud at them.

Like saying it's "shocking" that Dennis Evans is rated #11 by Rivals (and #18 by 24/7). But it's not just that; it's everything.
It is shocking. Prospects that high should have a polished offensive game.

It is shocking. Prospects that high should have a polished offensive game.
And that's your non-biased opinion. And another coincidence is that you just happened to go to school at St. Thomas.

imo top 20 guys should have polished skill sets on both ends. Top 11, it’s an absolute must

Evans told us why he came. He said that coming to Minnesota and the cold weather would eliminate distractions to working on his game because there's nothing to do in the winter.
Clearly he doesn't know about ice fishing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling and a myriad of other things to do in the snow (cursive urination contests as well as distance competitions for example).

Evans doesn't yet know how fun it is to live in a 4 season climate, but he will, and he is going to love it.

Evans told us why he came. He said that coming to Minnesota and the cold weather would eliminate distractions to working on his game because there's nothing to do in the winter.
Clearly he doesn't know about ice fishing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling and a myriad of other things to do in the snow (cursive urination contests as well as distance competitions for example).

Evans doesn't yet know how fun it is to live in a 4 season climate, but he will, and he is going to love it.
If Henley goes, Evans goes. Mark my words.

Top Bottom