DENNIS EVANS A GOPHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Nolan had his chance to be part of something good. He'll be fine at wisconsin, but would love to know how he feels now knowing he could've been a big part here as well. Oh well next man up!
I've been off the board for a while, so I am guessing this has already been discussed. But...

Is it known that once we knew we had a shot at Evans that we even wanted Winter? This is our last open scholarship, so we couldn't take both, right? Is it possible we told Winter we wanted to pass on him?

I've been off the board for a while, so I am guessing this has already been discussed. But...

Is it known that once we knew we had a shot at Evans that we even wanted Winter? This is our last open scholarship, so we couldn't take both, right? Is it possible we told Winter we wanted to pass on him?
We were banking on Garcia and or Battle going pro

To all of the people posting about Nolan Winter, knock it off. He's 17 years old. He and his family made the right decision for him as a very young person and for them as a family.

Dennis Evans looks like a gifted 17 year old basketball player. He also seems like a super bright kid who has interests that fit well here. Let's wish him the best, whether hoops works out or not.

Really nice recruit for Ben Johnson in a lot of ways.

To all of the people posting about Nolan Winter, knock it off. He's 17 years old. He and his family made the right decision for him as a very young person and for them as a family.

Dennis Evans looks like a gifted 17 year old basketball player. He also seems like a super bright kid who has interests that fit well here. Let's wish him the best, whether hoops works out or not.

Sounds like the parents didn't want him to go to the U. Wonder what issues that they have with the U?

It feels like this program is on its way. Not sure where to exactly, but this is a huge step in the right direction. Much love to Dennis for taking the leap of faith that he can be the father of a new country.
I agree. Not sure where this is heading, but we have huge momentum at this point going forward that we haven't had in awhile.

Minnesota is about to be home to the best bigs in basketball. This going to be a basketball state very soon. Just need the Lynx to get back on top and Whalen to get the ball rolling too and basketball will dominate.

Sounds like the parents didn't want him to go to the U. Wonder what issues that they have with the U?
Some people are afraid of campus crime. Not something I was ever worried about but I wasn't hanging around campus like crazy either outside of when I was learning.

What you have to love is this: how many times in recent memory have we said how much we'd love to have a coaching staff that can evaluate talent, find the diamonds in the rough, not under-value the local kids who can play, and manage a frickin' roster? Well, look at Tony's roster protection right now. It's very well balanced, and the talent level is firming up. The best part, in my opinion: when you look at Evans' rating history, it's clear that we got on this guy early--recognized his emerging talent and boldly made him a priority. This staff knows what it's looking for and has a keen eye.

Only Gopher fans can turn our greatest recruiting news in the 21st Century into something that is mildly depressing because they focus on 1 that got away. This is a time to rejoice, focus on who is here, who is coming and who we will get next. Change your mindset Minnesota.

The whole situation feels like Ben backed off on Nolan knowing that Dennis was going to commit for some time!

Top Bottom