Dennis Brackin: Donors will fund Maturi's new job - a $468,000 package

Do your homework prexy k...

Have you not been paying any attention at all to some of the more tempered, reasonable posts in this thread? Maybe, just maybe, Kaler has a plan and actually knows what he's doing. It's easy to jump to conclusions and rip on how terrible of a move this is, but we probably only know 30% of the entire story.

Kaler has a Ph.D. and has conducted more research than I care to mention. I have faith that he's used to "doing his homework."

It sounds like this prexy k really ticked them off in the state legislature! Way to go prexy k.

So, when are you going to make the announcement about the next tuition hike at the U prexy k?????

Slush funds for the prexy aren't such a good idea.

If you keep this up prexy k, I think that you will find out that being prexy of the U is not so much fun. Especially when you have to make a trip over to St. Paul to beg for funding.

Throw b(s)jm under the bus and let him collect his Social Security check. He has cost the University and the athletic department millions and millions with his ill-advised extensions followed by almost immediate buy-outs...

Do your homework prexy k...

; 0 (

dude. you were finally starting to act more normal over the last few months. but now i am not so sure. enough with your lame overuse of prexy this, prexy that. stop acting like a psycho with these silly prexy posts of yours.

Good fiscal judgement is something a prexy NEEDS to have. Now, I don't really care much for anything you ever have to say supadupafly, so, basically just buzz off..."fly" guy...

; 0 )

Good fiscal judgement is something a prexy NEEDS to have. Now, I don't really care much for anything you ever have to say supadupafly, so, basically just buzz off..."fly" guy...
; 0 )

Oh the wit of our resident poet laureate wren is something to behold. Oh, I almost forgot to recognize you for those cute little terms you use such as "prexy" and symbols. I wouldn't say this to you wren, but if I were supadupafly I might use a few symbols to respond to you such as $%#&$ you.

Why don't you just say what you want to without trying to be cute?

$23k per year total estimated cost of attendance. Some undergraduate students finish school with $100k in student loan debt. So much for outreach and playing the role of a constructive force for the improvement of our local community. JMs ridculous parachute just goes to show how insular and irresponsible the academic community is with money. They are just that unplugged from reality.

$23k per year total estimated cost of attendance. Some undergraduate students finish school with $100k in student loan debt. So much for outreach and playing the role of a constructive force for the improvement of our local community. JMs ridculous parachute just goes to show how insular and irresponsible the academic community is with money. They are just that unplugged from reality.

Have you followed the private sector in the last 20 years? This is not unusual and will ultimately be a good investment for the U. BTW, I am a private-sector small businessman and have never worked in academia.

I am as frustrated as anybody by our inability to bring the football and basketball programs to relevance again, but anybody who thinks Joel Maturi is the primary cause clearly does not have much history following this athletic department.

I believe President Kaler sees the big picture and makes his decisions with that in mind.

prexy k has messed up big time with this blunder. People NEED to remember this and start making noise with EVERY blunder prexy k makes. He needs to be held accountable at EVERY level. We have had too many prexys doing too many stupid things at our largest State University. Where do they dig these clowns of clones of one another up? prexy k appears to be just another clone of prexy b. That's not a good thing...

; 0 (

Seriously - how different is this than a typical tenured professor's salary? If they payed him the average tenured professor's salary we'd save maybe $200,000 (maybe not that much) for the year or two he's there. He's going to be teaching a couple classes and doing fund raising and I'm sure consulting with the new AD. I think everyone is getting a little too worked up about this...

I think everyone is getting a little too worked up about this...
No. Maturi is evil incarnate. No reaction to a minion of Satan like JM is too strong. /sarcasm

Yea, it's pretty clear people aren't thinking this through.

Seriously - how different is this than a typical tenured professor's salary? If they payed him the average tenured professor's salary we'd save maybe $200,000 (maybe not that much) for the year or two he's there. He's going to be teaching a couple classes and doing fund raising and I'm sure consulting with the new AD. I think everyone is getting a little too worked up about this...

Exactly. Why people are wetting their collective pants over this is beyond me.

Top Bottom