Delany Wants 9 Big Ten Games

Well, it's good to see the Strib finally put something about media day online.

Well, it's good to see the Strib finally put something about media day online.

Phil put up 4 blog posts during the day dude. That's not bad given the fact that he's running around doing interviews and such. This is the story he filed at the end of the day. But yea, this was the only thing online... :rolleyes:

I hope he's right. The big ten has been forward thinking, but they rarely do anything too radical. I don't think they will start now. The SEC had some issues splitting into divisions, but they didn't do anything crazy and went East-West. Look at the strength of that league. Now look at the ACC and try to make sense of all that. As long as greedy, greedy Texas isn't in the conference, there wont be any drastic imbalances.

Good to hear that there is some buzz for the east west split. Going since 1993 is a whole lot better than going back 50 years. If they want to consider the past 50 years, they would have to take into consideration our 1960 NC, which fell into that time frame.

Phil put up 4 blog posts during the day dude. That's not bad given the fact that he's running around doing interviews and such. This is the story he filed at the end of the day. But yea, this was the only thing online... :rolleyes:

Blogs don't count. Blogs are not news.

Does it suddenly become better if it made it into the paper? If I printed a copy for you, would that make it better, it would then be in print after all. Not all blogs are alike, just because it is online doesn't mean it's necessarily on par with some random guy who created his own blog.

Everybody in the world has a blog. I want reporting, and I want it to be print-worthy. I guess that's unreasonable.

By your logic....everyone (well, mostly everyone) in the world has a right arm. Why should I pay money to go see Adam Weber use his right arm?

Everybody in the world has a blog. I want reporting, and I want it to be print-worthy. I guess that's unreasonable.

Get used to it, because print is going away and blogs are coming into their own. It's not about what the medium is, what matters is who is writing the information.

You guys don't understand the difference between a blog and journalism. I can't do much with that, so I'm done with this thread.

You guys don't understand the difference between a blog and journalism. I can't do much with that, so I'm done with this thread.

You guy don't understand the difference between a random moron who signs up for a blog on blogspot.com and an educated professional journalist who has a blog on the e-medium of a newspaper website. I can't do much with that, but I'm not done with this thread.

And you're confusing the medium with the content. A blog is a thing. Journalism is what you do with that thing. You can do journalism in print, on the radio, on TV or on the internet. You could even do it with semaphore if you really wanted to.

Out of work journalism major here, perhaps?

Thank heaven we are in a day and age where "news" is no longer dominated by an editor or "journalist" deciding what is fit for our consumption.

Out of work journalism major here, perhaps?

Thank heaven we are in a day and age where "news" is no longer dominated by an editor or "journalist" deciding what is fit for our consumption.

Those were dark days when journalists actually had to deal with things called "facts".

I'm glad, because I'm not sure the thread can handle more of this...ok, I can't think of a nicer way to say it...idiocy.

RR summed it up nicely. If you think the old days of everything being in the "print" version of the paper are coming back, then you'll be having a sad for many, many years to come. You'd be much better off if you started judging online content by its quality and the manner in which it is collected rather than by the fact it is online.

Those were dark days when journalists actually had to deal with things called "facts".

Remember when a TV station or newspaper required TWO sources before running with a story? TWO sources.

Yeah, good times...

Top Bottom