Deion Sanders looks for ‘dual parent’ homes in QB recruits, ‘single mama’ households in d-linemen

This story sort of reminds me of when James Franklin took some heat for saying that when he was hiring assistants he wanted to see how attractive their wives were. The idea was that if the coach had "outkicked his coverage" in the wife department, he must be able to recruit.

Barry Switzer, at Oklahoma, is credited with pioneering the "how hot is your wife" part of the assistant coach hiring process, although in his case it was because he wanted to nail them when he sent their husbands on the road to recruit.
The guy who famously would dig around in trash cans before a home visit to find out what kind of beer the dad drank, so he could claim it was his favorite.

people really do go out of their way to find offense.
This, this, this.

Outrage and offense is what sells and gets clicks.

People are only too happy to provide (fabricate) their myriad personal incidents on social media, in the hopes it going viral and getting picked up by larger sites and maybe even MSM if it gains enough traction.

It's rare that great players become great coaches. Not saying it can't happen but I imagine it's hard for someone who's been at the top of their profession for so long to go through rough times as a coach where you have less impact on the results on the field.

The hire was a no brainer for Colorado. Very little risk for them since they were already so bad. But lots of potential reward.

I’m guessing he’s gone in five years. Successful or not.

If they become a legit Big 12 contender - he did one of the best jobs in college football.
Tough to argue that. If Colorado becomes a Big 12 contender, it would be a downright miracle. I'm assuming you are predicting that they will be leaving the PAC12 for the Big 12. ;)

Tough to argue that. If Colorado becomes a Big 12 contender, it would be a downright miracle. I'm assuming you are predicting that they will be leaving the PAC12 for the Big 12. ;)
:) Yeah, I can't keep up on all the pending movement.

It's deion.. if I was a c.b. I'd go play for him and learn from him....
Colorado will have top 5/10 classes every year he is there... And Colorado will be very very good... do you think kids who go play in the sec are there to open up and grow as an individual.. I'd say most aren't... They are there to get into the NFL.. and that's why kids will flock to deion... He knows what it takes to get to that level and be a star and make big bucks...

Different coaches have different cultures.. I'd rather p.j. get 5* players compete for titles and forget about his tough conversations... College ball is becoming minor league ball.. the college part is becoming irrelevant... (Wether you like it or not) This is also why at the end of the day I do think all current conferences dissolve , one major league forms... MN will NOT be in that league and will not compete for the big boy championship.. there will be academic leagues still probably more set up like the ivy leagues where education is first and foremost and that's where MN lands..

He is there for one reason, to get his kid into the NFL. He will step down soon after his kid graduates. He reminds me of a high school coach who is coaching their son.

It's deion.. if I was a c.b. I'd go play for him and learn from him....
Colorado will have top 5/10 classes every year he is there... And Colorado will be very very good... do you think kids who go play in the sec are there to open up and grow as an individual.. I'd say most aren't... They are there to get into the NFL.. and that's why kids will flock to deion... He knows what it takes to get to that level and be a star and make big bucks...

Different coaches have different cultures.. I'd rather p.j. get 5* players compete for titles and forget about his tough conversations... College ball is becoming minor league ball.. the college part is becoming irrelevant... (Wether you like it or not) This is also why at the end of the day I do think all current conferences dissolve , one major league forms... MN will NOT be in that league and will not compete for the big boy championship.. there will be academic leagues still probably more set up like the ivy leagues where education is first and foremost and that's where MN lands..
Not sure what this means, but if you’re trying to say he’ll have top ten classes every year, I highly doubt that.

Top Bottom