Defensive Ends.......

Reaction score
Got worked over today. If Iowa had a good speed back, they would have some really long runs. Can't imagine what James White and Melvin Gordon will do if they have that kind of room. With all the talk about Coackran, I think he is not able to hold up physically against better O-Lieman. I can see this being a problem all year.

Got worked over today. If Iowa had a good speed back, they would have some really long runs. Can't imagine what James White and Melvin Gordon will do if they have that kind of room. With all the talk about Coackran, I think he is not able to hold up physically against better O-Lieman. I can see this being a problem all year.

It's a huge problem. Neither of our starting DEs can hold up in the B1G againts the run and neither can our OLB. That said, it's better than we had last year so we're at least improving.

It's very discouraging seeing them lose contain as much as they do. That should be their strong suit (along with pass rushing) given their build and speed, and no QB should be able to get outside the pocket as much as they allow.

It's very discouraging seeing them lose contain as much as they do. That should be their strong suit (along with pass rushing) given their build and speed, and no QB should be able to get outside the pocket as much as they allow.

Yes, and overall the entire D did not do a good job keeping contain.

I believe this was the reason for Rudock being able to rush for that first TD.

At least they got to the QB with their speed pass rush! Oh, wait.

Completely overmatched physically. Cochran is no more than 225 #. Keith not much more. Hate to say it, but NDSU is more physical than we are.

Forget the D-Ends; that's to be expected. How about Rasheed? He's supposed to be the dominant inside force, yet wasn't on the field for the entirety of Iowa's second to last drive that resulted in their last field goal.

I get the rotation piece early in the game, but I'm sorry, if you have a supposed 1st round pick, he plays every play of the fourth quarter. I've appreciated Claeys's adjustments to date this year, but I thought today was one of his worst games as a Gopher coach, and Rasheed is way over-hyped. He should be dominant, but other than his blocked pass, he pretty much didn't exist until garbage time.

Forget the D-Ends; that's to be expected. How about Rasheed? He's supposed to be the dominant inside force, yet wasn't on the field for the entirety of Iowa's second to last drive that resulted in their last field goal.

I get the rotation piece early in the game, but I'm sorry, if you have a supposed 1st round pick, he plays every play of the fourth quarter. I've appreciated Claeys's adjustments to date this year, but I thought today was one of his worst games as a Gopher coach, and Rasheed is way over-hyped. He should be dominant, but other than his blocked pass, he pretty much didn't exist until garbage time.

Defensive End and Defensive Tackle go hand in hand. If your ends can't generate any sort of pressure on their own it makes it that much easier for the O-Line to key on Shede and take him out of the game. The D-Line had a terrible game and I fear it is just the tip of the iceberg on what we are going to see as they try to matchup against guys that are bigger and more skilled than anything we saw in the non-conf part of the schedule.

Top Bottom