Defense & Gray's decision making

Reaction score
How can a defense be that bad against EVERY team on 3rd down!? I don't want to blame the coaches, cos I think they will be good with time. Are the players just that clueless whenever pressure arises?

Q really needs to learn how to make better decision and to be alert of his surroundings.

Just before the half with about 30 seconds left he runs twice! I know he runs what coaches tell him, but c'mon! Then on the last throw he doesn't even throw into the end zone! and when the guy is running by him he doesn't do anything but look at him and that cost us 7 points! Not saying we would've won, but it would've been closer.

Another thing I've noticed is that he really struggles to run a read option it seems whenever he needs to keep it and run he hands it off and vice versa. I've thought that Gray should be the QB, but if he can't get the air game going then I don't see how he could stay as the starter, since every team will key on him.

iiiiick the thot of losing to the ag state university is sickening!

I kinda think everyone should take time to digest the game, walk away from the computer for a bit then come back later. Reacting right after the game is not going to lead to clear, coherent thoughts.

There didn't seem to be any sort of plan with that last drive of the 1st half, I'll put that more on the coaches than Gray.

You seem to be overlooking Shortell's decision making ability on that pick 6 too.

Gray has great ability but he can't quarterback in the Big Ten. I don't think he found one receiver while being pressured. He is to easy to defend against. Michigan will completely smother him. I think they need to go with Shortell as the starter and use Gray in specific situations.

With how poor our O-line pass protects Gray needs to be the QB. I put the entire end of the 1st half on the coaching staff, either try and score or sit on it, do not play passive-aggressive. That was awful. No win situation for the coaches though...if they take a knee, the
crowd goes bonkers booing them.

Top Bottom