Defense First (odd front coach)

monk10

Golden Gopher
Reaction score
Okay the leach thread about being different maid me think why can't we be different then our rivals, but still focus on defense.

Of the 120 D-I football programs taking the field this Fall, only 19 of them will be using an odd-front as their base defense. Alabama, Army, Brigham Young, California, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Houston, Navy, Notre Dame, SMU, Stanford, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M will be running a 3-4 defense, while Louisiana-Monroe, Michigan, San Diego State, Tulsa, and West Virginia will running a base 3-3-5 defense. Georgia, Georgia Tech, Houston, Notre Dame, Stanford, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech are all moving to the 3-4 this season,

Okay it looks like only Michigan runs an odd front in the Big Ten. It looks like Houston is moving to it (was that the staff turnover that sumlin had last year?)

Stanford is running it and Texas Tech moved to it and the fan base is loving that the team is playing defense (random comment that shouldn't have a lot of weight but I threw it in there for the leach people :p ).

Here is the article I found
http://www.iamthe12thman.com/2010/7/23/1585097/tracking-odd-front-defenses

Top Bottom