Decker Hurt and out

I don't think that not using your arms indicates an intent to injure. It's just bad tackling, but when it works, it's the sort of thing that gets you on the highlights. Too many players break tackles because the defender wanted to get on the highlights.

I think a play can be both legal and dirty and this was both. Watch Harrison. Wouldn't you think a guy would open his arms if he was trying to tackle someone? He didn't. He clearly launched himself with nothing but his head & shoulders with no intention of tackling.

Legal, but dirty.
Half the defensive backs in America don't use their arms when trying to tackle.

I think Mark Schlereth(sp) summed it up pretty well with the new tackling rules. Either you go high and risk giving the guy a concussion and knock him out of a game or two, or go low and risk ruining someone's career.

If Schlereth really said that, he's an idiot. Leg/knee injuries may ruin someone's career, but they can still live a mostly-normal life. Concussions ruin people's lives. Legs/knees/ankles/etc. all have the ability to heal; brains, for the most part, don't.

If Schlereth really said that, he's an idiot. Leg/knee injuries may ruin someone's career, but they can still live a mostly-normal life. Concussions ruin people's lives. Legs/knees/ankles/etc. all have the ability to heal; brains, for the most part, don't.

If I was a player just breaking into the league and you gave me a choice of getting one concussion or trying to come back from a major knee injury. I will take that one concussion (and I bet a lot of players would say the same). For many young players in the league, they only get one shot. If you aren't a big name, you get forgotten quickly

So, any latest news on the injury? Is it still just an MCL sprain? How did the MRI go today?

I think a play can be both legal and dirty and this was both. Watch Harrison. Wouldn't you think a guy would open his arms if he was trying to tackle someone? He didn't. He clearly launched himself with nothing but his head & shoulders with no intention of tackling.

Legal, but dirty.
If not bringing your arms means dirty than 70-80% of tackles since the year 2000 in the NFL are dirty. It is a launching league. It's starting to trickle down.

So, any latest news on the injury? Is it still just an MCL sprain? How did the MRI go today?

Denver Post

"The knee injury to Broncos receiver Eric Decker in Denver's 29-23 victory over the Steelers on Sunday was not as severe as it initially appeared, but he will not play against the Patriots on Saturday night at New England."

"He has a sprained medial collateral ligament that will be further examined with a magnetic resonance imaging test today."

That's good news. Decker has bounced back from worse. It'll be interesting to see if he wears any sort of brace next year. I sprained my knee back in HS, and I still wear one of those neoprene tubes when I ski. I think it's more for peace of mind than anything else. Also, it keeps the joint warm. A doctor told me that would help.

Too bad Decker's postseason ended early, but the rest of his teammates will have plenty of time on their hands after New England dismantles Denver this weekend. The Pats defence is lousy, but good enough to expose Tebow's many flaws. Plus Brady will light up the Bronco's D.

Don't worry his gal Jessie James will help him heal!

Top Bottom