Decker gets No Love!!!

Did anyone watch the Big Ten Network last night? During their "Breakdown" show... it was wall to wall Decker. They showed his catch a bazillion times and had him on live. They have shown "the catch" so many times, it is almost their network's iconic image right now. I realize the Big 10 Network isn't ESPN but if they showed one more second of Eric Decker, they'd probably start getting letters asking if they are changing their name to the Eric Decker channel.

Oh, and I loved every minute of it. He deserves the attention. Before the season started all the mock draft lists, and Big 10 rankings had Decker well below Benn. Now everyone is talking about Decker being a solid first round pick while some are asking "Benn who?"

It just shows that your buddies "think" like you.

I love how a simple question with maybe some possibility makes me out to be stupid etc. I don't believe we live in a society that has yet to evolve from racial stereotypes! I tossed tje question out there to spark some conversation because I don't believe there is a better all around wide reciever then decker in all of college football! yes some are faster but that's about all anyone may have on him! I just hear so much about julio jones, dez white, and benn that I am curious why decker is excempt from the accolades? I asked a buddy and he said decker is highly sought after but he's white and many national media as well as many in the nfl hold on to those stereotypes. its sort of like recruiting speed, its all south, if you recruit northern kids they are slow and not athletic. maybe I should have written it out to be a novel so most of you could have saw my angle. now I know that taking the short story route is a horrible idea.

Did anyone watch the Big Ten Network last night? During their "Breakdown" show... it was wall to wall Decker.

I saw it Schnauzer, and it was priceless Decker coverage. All I could think of was this thread.

There was so much bloviating by the BTN crew that Tim Tebow would be jealous :)

There was so much bloviating by the BTN crew that Tim Tebow would be jealous :)

Paraphrasing: "If you are fortunate enough to spend five minutes around Eric Decker, your life is better for it ."

Decker's Size

Decker is listed at 6'3" 215. dang, I am 6' 4" 210 and weight train but my arms aren't like his.

There's a lot of respect for Decker even amoung the NFL scouts. His only problem is, the lack of elite speed, ED will be drafted late first round or early second round. He projects as a number two reciever in the NFL so teams will be reluctant to spend top 15 money to sign him. After the 15th pick the teams selecting and their needs will determine where Decker ends up. I would be very suprised if he goes lower than 46th pick overall.

You guys are missing the point. Decker's isn't getting love because he's not performing circumcisions in poor underdeveloped areas. :clap:

You guys are missing the point. Decker's isn't getting love because he's not performing circumcisions in poor underdeveloped areas. :clap:

there's a very funny way to read that statement.

But are you sure he isn't doing this in his free time?

I would say ED will most likely be drafted as high or higher than Benn if based on OVER-ALL WR skills. Decker is a great blocker, has great hands, runs great patterns and is tougher than most reeivers in college today. I could see him playing with a team like the Steelers, Colts, or Patriots. He would look much better in purple though.

It will also be interesting to see if Decker plays his senior year of baseball at the U....

Do you need someone to do a circumcision on your poor undeveloped area? :clap::clap:

I'm really hoping the Vikes take him with the 32nd overall pick. A very solid WR who knows how to get open, can catch the ball, and most importantly for the Vikings, would be a terrific blocker for AD.

It would seem that a solid posession type would be a good fit, but they did just cut Wade. So I'm not sure they see it the same way.

I just hope he goes to a great fit so he can flourish.

I'm pretty sure a lot of it has to do with the Gophers not being ranked right now or playing teams worth mentioning. Last year when we were ranked I specifically remember ESPN mentioning how good of a receiver Decker was. He was praised all day during the ESPN game against Illinois. When we failed to beat the likes of Northwestern & Michigan we had no reason to be nationally recognized.

When Barber & Maroney were getting national recognition a lot of it had to do with 2 things. 1, we had an IDENTITY, Minnesota was Rush Central and 2, we were constantly in & out of the rankings so there was reason to mention some of our players.......

If we win the next 2 or 3 games in convincing fashion we have a chance to crack the Top 25 and the game against Penn State should get a lot of coverage.......

I think he was dominating the stats board until he got hurt. his sliding praise may have had something to do with him sinking in the stats categories as well. But even so, he didn't go unnoticed as he got plenty of talk as a returning WR.

I'm really hoping the Vikes take him with the 32nd overall pick. A very solid WR who knows how to get open, can catch the ball, and most importantly for the Vikings, would be a terrific blocker for AD.
Not sure where he'd fit in. You expect even a late first round pick to contribute right away, and as good as he is he's not in the ballpark of a Harvin, Berrian or even Rice. He'll make a nice slot receiver for someone though.

Not sure where he'd fit in. You expect even a late first round pick to contribute right away, and as good as he is he's not in the ballpark of a Harvin, Berrian or even Rice. He'll make a nice slot receiver for someone though.

All Berrian does/can do is run a go route and catch bombs every other game. Nothing much in between to move the chains. Rice has only proven to be injury-prone early in his career and has merely been a red-zone threat when healthy. The decision to cut Wade was pretty awful considering the guy who replaced him, Greg Lewis, has been inactive the first 2 games. If Decker's the BPA when the Vikings pick, I fully expect them to pick him. Recently, the Vikes haven't picked to fill holes, they pick the best player available.

i was complaining about the white stereotype over at the air force scout board when i heard someone call decker a "possession receiver" and a poster with the handle SkiUMah posted this link (don't know if he posts here or if he has already posted this link--to lazy to read the whole thing):

Caucasian Wide Receivers of America

Top Bottom