Dear Mitch,

Maroon92

Reaction score
I have been a harsh but fair critic of your on field performance the past several years. However I want to thank you for being a hard nose player, leader and someone whose qualities are what the U of M are about. You didn't transfer like many quarterbacks before you, Nelson, Streveler, Mckinzy, Shortell... I also admired no off field issues or academic problems which are often overlooked but so many players do make it through 4-5 years with no issues and outstanding students.

with that being said- -good luck in your finale. Here is hoping I there are no plays I am critical of tonight.

I have been a harsh but fair critic of your on field performance the past several years. However I want to thank you for being a hard nose player, leader and someone whose qualities are what the U of M are about. You didn't transfer like many quarterbacks before you, Nelson, Streveler, Mckinzy, Shortell... I also admired no off field issues or academic problems which are often overlooked but so many players do make it through 4-5 years with no issues and outstanding students.

with that being said- -good luck in your finale. Here is hoping I there are no plays I am critical of tonight.

Well said. Good luck Mitch!!

10 minutes left for Mitch to break our hearts one final time...

Mitch played okay tonight. Scary his 2-9 in the first half was better then his 2nd half at Wisconsin!

I'm proud Mitch went out a winner, the kid always played hard and made the most of what we had to work with. I wish him the best in all he does from here on out. Good luck, Mitch!

Congratulations on going out in your final college game a winner. Must have been cool that he got to have his brother snap him the ball. Tough hard fought victory by the Gophers. Glad to see they got a little joy(Especially Mitch) after all of the crap that has happened this year. Just wish he would have gotten that dang Axe. Go Gophers!

Feels like this era lasted an eternity. He persevered and went out on a high note. He gave us many frustrating moments and had his limitations but he definitely deserves massive respect. Thanks Mitch.

Mitch will always have tremendous respect in Minnesota.

There will be times next season when even the saltiest of Mitch haters will miss him. Ski U Mah Mitch!

As I said in the bowl game thread, if we had a legit QB this year, we would be playing in the Rose Bowl this year. That said, hopefully Mitch has started a tradition of going to bowl games AND WINNING. So many bowls under Mason ended in disappointment. The bowl losses combined with so many late season collapses always made the season end on a sour note for me. Feels good to go out on a win this season and actually count towards the conference bowl record in a positive manner. If we want early season wins to result in a top 25 ranking, we need the B1G to show up during bowl season so we actually get the bias next year.

Mitch came through in the second half and this is his third straight good showing in a bowl game (we lost to Missouri but he had a phenomenal percentage in that one). Always a competitor, he came back from adversity again and again. True grit.

Ehh...I kinda doubt it. The casual fan hates his guts.

Really? What a crass idiotic and inaccurate thing to say about an amateur athlete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitch, thank you for your leadership and hard work. You set a great example of what it is to be a Gopher. I never heard a complain from you even when you played hurt.

You are part of the rebuilding process brick by brick at the U that we hope will continue. Three eight or more victories the last four seasons.

Congrats, Mitch. The results weren't always pretty, but you always "gave it all" and rightfully deserve to end your career with a victory.

Bowl Game Mitch showed up in the 2nd half, 9-11 1 TD for 103 yards. That is a NCAA Passer Efficiency Rating of 190.473

Not a bad way to go out.

Ehh...I kinda doubt it. The casual fan hates his guts.

You couldn't be more wrong. Casual fans don't pay close enough attention to hate him. He has drove me nuts at times- end zone interceptions and the like- but I respect him and his toughness and his leadership will be missed.

Thanks for a great run Leidner. 24 wins as a starter is nothing to sneeze at for this program.

Bowl Game Mitch showed up in the 2nd half, 9-11 1 TD for 103 yards. That is a NCAA Passer Efficiency Rating of 190.473

Not a bad way to go out.

Yup. He was brilliant in the 2nd half. The tipped TD pass was his only bad decision, but the FB gods decided to finally reward his scrapiness, I guess :) He also escaped pressure and made a couple huge scrambles, including one for a critical first down where he didn't slide, but instead put his shoulder down and ran a guy over. That play was classic Mitch. So glad this kid went out a winner under the toughest of circumstances. Wish him the best...

How many backhanded compliments can you fit into one short post?

Mitch is a Minnesotan we can all be proud of. Great competitor and teammate. A leader. Got as much out of himself as possible. Can't ask for much more than that. Kudos, ML7! Rah!

You couldn't be more wrong. Casual fans don't pay close enough attention to hate him. He has drove me nuts at times- end zone interceptions and the like- but I respect him and his toughness and his leadership will be missed.

I guess I'm basing my opinion off of what I see on the facebook pages.

"Gophers headed to Holiday Bowl" "Hope Leidner misses the flight!"

"Gophers win Holiday Bowl!" Multiple comments expressing joy at being rid of Leidner, instead of just enjoying the win.

I guess I'm basing my opinion off of what I see on the facebook pages.

"Gophers headed to Holiday Bowl" "Hope Leidner misses the flight!"

"Gophers win Holiday Bowl!" Multiple comments expressing joy at being rid of Leidner, instead of just enjoying the win.
WE will want him back next year with no QB experience its going to a long year.. teams are going to stack the box and make the Qb throw.

Top Bottom