Dear Joel Maturi,

Foggie

Foggie
Reaction score
Please resign so someone else has a shot to turn this program around. You obviously do not know what you are doing when it comes to big time sports. 2 of your 3 major sports are in shambles and you are one Tubby Smith away from a complete meltdown. Sure, I love the fact that volleyball, wrestling and baseball all do well. But last I checked, they bring in as much money as the physics program.

Again, please resign so the U has a chance.

Regards,

A Minnesota Gopher fan

I would be happy to co-sign your letter, Foggie. Plus, I'd like to outline a few immediate ground rules:

1. Do NOT hire anyone with ANY ties to the Badgers program - we know you love WI, J Mat, but the Alvarez-era hacks are well past their prime. Cosgrove is the single worst coordinator in the history of college football. You beat WI - you don't hire their personnel in a half-as*ed attemp to replicate.
2. M. Trestman - NO. He is NOT the 2nd coming of Bud Grant.
3. Craig Bohl - NO

Finally, no more excuses. Period. Frankly, you have none when programs such as Iowa, WI, and MI State are winning. East Lansing is a god-forsaken place with extremely cold weather - but they are winning. Must hurt a lot, huh? Plus, that WI victory over the Buckeyes must've felt like a stabbing.

I agree. Move on. It's highly unlikely that anything will happen regarding Maturi so why not turn to the positives. Besides, whether he's up to the task or not, according to his press conference, he's looking at hiring the same type of coach we all want. He really blew it firing Mason so late in the season, and he admits few good candidates were available by then. I don't think anyone wants a kill shot right now more than Maturi. Not that I'm a great Maturi supporter - or even care - I just don't see any benefit in any further negativity towards any aspect of this program.

Sorry

I guess I should have addressed it to Bruininks as "fire Joel Maturi." If someone was paying me a lot of money to do a half-assed job with no accountability I would stick it out, too. I hope my boss doesn't read that.

I am sick of all this stay positive stuff, too. Believe it or not, I am positive guy, but this program is an embarrassment right now and the U should hear it from us. That is the only way it will change.

Top Bottom