Dead Man Walking

andy

Reaction score
It's clear that Brewster's fate is written after this debacle. There's no need to crucify him further, I'm sure he knows what's coming at the end of the season. I like the guy. I admire his passion for our program, and his enthusiasm... well, sometimes that's all you've got. He's in over his head as a coach, and that falls squarely on Maturi's shoulders.

This storyline was written after his second season, when there was actually remarkable improvement over his first.... and he totally, inexplicably ditched his gameplan. He had recruited for the spread, developed an efficient (and even record-setting) offense, but then he panicked after getting destroyed by Iowa. Then it was this "Pound the Rock" crap, which, while sounding good, totally threw his team for a loop, and showed a lack of commitment to his original premise, which was to play the spread and recruit athletes that could create in space.

With our beautiful stadium and the urban amenities of the Twin Cities, I don't think it will be as difficult to lure a big-name coach as some of you think it will be.

Now, hopefully, we can win a couple of Big Ten games this year... preferably for an axe or a pig.

Top Bottom